Apexi SAFC

happymatch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jono
Drive
Maza Astina 323, Merc C Kompressor
Well, i am still studing and still bit confused. Does anyone have some photos of wiring they have done with thier afc so i can use it as reference? cheers

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
i dont have any photos but if you look up the AFC wiring guide, it has pictures of what plugs are on our cars, and which wires go to which plugs off memory. I done my own (never ever seeing an ECU before in my life prior) within the space of about an hour and a half... Just look up the guides, they come in PDF, there should be 2. They are official manuals/install guides, but wont be on the official site.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
go to apexi US website.. they have the wiring diagram there.. and specifically for our cars too..

also before you cut wires and strip them.. double check.. then double check again.. just to make sure..

goodluck..

happymatch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jono
Drive
!BT)0h1g!mk~$(KGrHgoOKkMEjlLmT(phBKKPBfRLZ!~~_2.jpg

got my apexi safc today` oh yeah (is it ok to post pictures like this?)
any ideas where to mount them? i already used the sunglass holder area for my stereo. I prefer to hide it or put it somewhere where it can not be seen when parked. eg near the interior light area or something

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
heya all, I am currently wiring my SAFCII and I have been flipping and flipping and scrolling over the instrauction manual but I couldn't find the "how to reset"? Can anyone point me into the right direction?

Jono: I was trying to call but somehow my call is not going through.

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Why not select the unused map? Or just manually change the settings back to zero,

happymatch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jono
Drive
heya all, I am currently wiring my SAFCII and I have been flipping and flipping and scrolling over the instrauction manual but I couldn't find the "how to reset"? Can anyone point me into the right direction?

Jono: I was trying to call but somehow my call is not going through.

that could be because i was in the lift

jet150

Anyone thirsty?
Premium Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
VR4
Has anyone installed a Greedy e-manage blue or e-manage ultimate in their car yet? I'm all for the Apexi SAFCII or neo, I think it's a kick ass unit but I want to do more fine tuning like ignition. Both Greedy units are reasonably priced but I want to know if anyone has had an experience with them. Also another choice is the Haltech interceptor.

happymatch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jono
Drive
Has anyone installed a Greedy e-manage blue or e-manage ultimate in their car yet? I'm all for the Apexi SAFCII or neo, I think it's a kick ass unit but I want to do more fine tuning like ignition. Both Greedy units are reasonably priced but I want to know if anyone has had an experience with them. Also another choice is the Haltech interceptor.

mate search is your answer:LOL:
Dimi did haltec interceptor (correct me if i am wrong). just type dimi in the search and you will find the answer for interceptor.

G

Unregistered
Bump...

Hay Erwin how did you go with your install as im interested to no how it went? Because a mate gave me a S-AFC II yesterday and i am keen to get it in the car?

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
Bump...

Hay Erwin how did you go with your install as im interested to no how it went? Because a mate gave me a S-AFC II yesterday and i am keen to get it in the car?

Just put it in your car Chris, it will take you an hour tops(y)

G

Unregistered
Sweet i can try but not to sure on electrics and how to tune these things??

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
Sweet i can try but not to sure on electrics and how to tune these things??

It is really easy to hook up, the only hard part is splicing and soldering, all you need is a roll of pvc tape and a gas or battery powered soldering iron. There is only 8 wires from memory, as long as you have the install guide you will be sweet.
Tuning is another matter, you will need a dyno or an evoscan etc

G

Unregistered
If your tuning it yourself you'll need a wideband and evoscan . A knocklink or similar would be handy as well

happymatch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jono
Drive
hey chris, how is the installation going? if you are gonna tune it, let me know as well since ecu flash is not an option for me at the moment, i might install apexi safc I as well. how would you go about tuning though?

G

Unregistered
hey chris, how is the installation going? if you are gonna tune it, let me know as well since ecu flash is not an option for me at the moment, i might install apexi safc I as well. how would you go about tuning though?

As post 57 above??

Top Bottom