Brake Pads & Rotors Database

MatiLP640

5W4G0N
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt
Drive
1999 Black Legnum VR4
I run DBA T3 and Elig sport all around and almost no squeal I mean they squeal from time to time but only on cold and not always, can live with that haha and stopping power is just perfect, either on cold or hot or really hot brakes

Baba Galant

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
John
Drive
Galant VR4 twin turbo 1997
I run DBA T3 and Elig sport all around and almost no squeal I mean they squeal from time to time but only on cold and not always, can live with that haha and stopping power is just perfect, either on cold or hot or really hot brakes
Well mine RDA rotors are cooked again. Everytime I have had to slam on the brakes they warp. Machined early last year after a high speed stop on the freeway, had another idiot last week pull out without speeding up first and they're warped again.
First was on a set of Remsa pads, this last time was on Bendix.
Going to try out some Vmax with 30k warranty, no dimples or pimples this time.
The most noticeable change was only after going to braided lines. At least 20% faster stopping with a firmer pedal.

mezje

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Maxim
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Manual
Well, even with DBA rotors, the car still squeals, albeit less loud and often.

One thing I have noticed is that when it is hot it squeals more and after a hit of wheel cleaner and a good clean the squeal goes for a day or so? I am thinking it is something to do with the pad mounting hardware, thoughts?

Top Bottom