Brake Pads & Rotors Database

Xoxide

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Reece
Drive
'98 Legnum
Every place I've seen list the HEL kits, specifically state Galant/Legnum VR4 6A13TT, so It should be an easy fit.

upshotbravo

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Trev
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
I'm coming across some conflicting info and sourcing brake parts here in Canada is not easy so hopefully someone can tell me if this setup will work before i pull the trigger on actually buying parts:

I have a 1997 PFL Japanese spec Legnum VR4.... i am going to replace all rotors, pads, lines and fluid.

I have the rear rotors and pads sorted/sourced.

For the fronts I was looking at 296mm front rotors, same as found on the Mitsubishi outlander (Here: https://www.rtmracing.com/xcart/product.php?productid=18826) looking for some slotted variants.
and some ferodo ds2500 front pads P/N FCP765H. I have been told that I can also use the Stainless steel brake lines from a 2nd gen DSM eclipse...

Anyone have any thoughts... i had read that perahps my PFL Japanese spec car may have single pot front calipers? does that have an impact on this?

Thanks for any input, as i said, getting this all sorted without importing parts from Oz or the UK is tricky, so Id really appreciate any input you guys may have.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
don't use the outlander rotors, from memory its got a different height compared to the evo 4/5 (non brembo / 16" wheels)

vr4cobra

1 AYC Bar
First Name
T-J
Drive
1996 Galant VR4
I'm running slotted outlander rotors on front of my PFL Galant no issues looked same size as stock rotors when I changed them over. Ran them fine with my stockies too

VR4STHOZ

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
shane
Drive
1999 Legnum Type-S
Quick question. So the equivalent in Bendix
for the 99 legnum fronts is the bd1223?

G

Unregistered
I need to replace my front and rear rotors and pads.
Running brembo calipers and was thinking of running dba t2 rotors and qfm hpx pads anyone used that combo at all

Baba Galant

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
John
Drive
Galant VR4 twin turbo 1997
Yeah... I know lol.. Was typing on the phone..

Tried a set of bendix db1223 wd's on the front and was (still am) blown away by the stopping power on stock rotors. Probably about 3 times more effective in the cold and 2 times better that Qfx or ebc.
Put a set in my kids camry too for an instant transformation, hers were the bendix ultimate with self bedding purple stripe.
Both cars now have instant ferocious grip, rather they wear away quicker if that's the down side.

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
^ how
Much they set u back?

Baba Galant

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
John
Drive
Galant VR4 twin turbo 1997
The DB1223 WD's cost $120 through Supercheap as a special order, not normally kept in store,
bt the BD1474 Ultimates were $75 ex stock and gotta say they may be better as the Camry only has single pot
disks.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
I need to replace my front and rear rotors and pads.
Running brembo calipers and was thinking of running dba t2 rotors and qfm hpx pads anyone used that combo at all

HPX on the rear is awesome :)

HPX on the front brembos.. not so much fun.. it squeals like a b!tch.. replaced the pads with Elig2021 and problems solved

Grey_Ghost

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gav
Drive
1997 Trigger PFL Manual Legnum.
Hey kids!

I'm after some brake pad recommendations. It's an unusual driving situation.

I come off a 110km/h freeway after an hour of none to very-little brake use, onto a downhill that has traffic lights down the bottom. I then enter a twisties section that has another very steep hill.

Dust is not an issue whatsoever. Noise is a little concern, but less than rotor wear. At least 10,000 out of pads would be nice.

Realistically, my budget extends to "doesn't even spell Brake Pad correctly on the box", but I'll stick to two minute noodles and sauce packets for a week.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Can do a full set of remsa pads for $150 plus post. Doubt you'll find better for the price.

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
Yeah 99 is a FL
Iirc Only mounting points changed from FL and FFL

Rowie94

Hesitantly Boosting
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
2008 Toyota Aurion ZR6

1998 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4

Yamaha FZ6R
Yeah 99 is a FL
Iirc Only mounting points changed from FL and FFL
Sooo... (obviously I'm a total mechanical stooge) the same pads will still work? I desperately need new ones after my last Springbrook run

Top Bottom