Brake Pads & Rotors Database

mitch

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
mitch
Drive
96 Legnum
anyone know the part number for bendix rear pads on a 96 PFL legnum?

gumstick

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Peter
Drive
'97 Type S Legnum and 180SX
Search and you shall find. o_O

Rear pads db1238
Front pads db1223

MatiLP640

5W4G0N
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt
Drive
1999 Black Legnum VR4
Hi guys I have quick question Im about to change my rear pads and wondering what to choose. Now I have AR1M and Im very happy with performance but they are WAY TOO dusty. So Im thinking now between:

QFM HPX
Remsa Pads

Maybe there is also something even better than those two which I dont know but they need to have good performance and low dust. They can squeal, I dont mind that but as low dust as possible!

cheers guys

MatiLP640

5W4G0N
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt
Drive
1999 Black Legnum VR4
what about dust? are they dusty? also as far I concern not only Ferrari but Maserati, Lamborghini and some Porsches as well ;)

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
what about dust? are they dusty? also as far I concern not only Ferrari but Maserati, Lamborghini and some Porsches as well ;)
for their performance there very reasonable with dust !

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
I also use a Girodisc 2piece front rotor, never had any squeal like most have with either rda or dba

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt :)
Drive
1963 Toyota Lite-Stout & 2007 Toyota Blade Master G
The Remsas I not long replaced with A1RMs were dusty as hell... and not a nice pad, I found.

Baba Galant

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
John
Drive
Galant VR4 twin turbo 1997
Got a set of Remsa front pads on and gotta say really happy with the cold stopping power. They get better as they warm but lock up solid first off on the cold mornings.
Bit early for dust but not seeing anything alarming.
Wasn't expecting much for $60 but so far so good.

mezje

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Maxim
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Manual
Well the brembo squeal was doing my head in. The car had new rotors and pads, Bremtec Pro pads and cheap slotted rotors, squealed like an absolute pig.

I tried greasing the shims, sanded the pads with 320 grit as they had sat, cleaned up everything including hub but nothing worked. Swapped out the pads to Repco RCTs and the squeal is gone.

I am a big fan of the Repco pads, did delivery driving for a month full time for Repco on these pads and for the price they are very good.

EDIT: Spoke to soon... Time for new rotors

Baba Galant

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
John
Drive
Galant VR4 twin turbo 1997
Well the brembo squeal was doing my head in. The car had new rotors and pads, Bremtec Pro pads and cheap slotted rotors, squealed like an absolute pig.

I tried greasing the shims, sanded the pads with 320 grit as they had sat, cleaned up everything including hub but nothing worked. Swapped out the pads to Repco RCTs and the squeal is gone.

I am a big fan of the Repco pads, did delivery driving for a month full time for Repco on these pads and for the price they are very good.

EDIT: Spoke to soon... Time for new rotors
Good stuff. I found peace and quiet from Remsa brake pads. The normal stopping power is superior to most pads but it's the cold stopping power i was most impressed with. We live on a busy road and you have got to fly out to get on at the best of times, and then the traffic and lights once you get on with that bloody high idle in the morning.
What rotors are you looking at if you don't mind me asking? I have dimpled and slotted RDA's but found no benefit compared to the stock i still hung onto.

mezje

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Maxim
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Manual
Good stuff. I found peace and quiet from Remsa brake pads. The normal stopping power is superior to most pads but it's the cold stopping power i was most impressed with. We live on a busy road and you have got to fly out to get on at the best of times, and then the traffic and lights once you get on with that bloody high idle in the morning.
What rotors are you looking at if you don't mind me asking? I have dimpled and slotted RDA's but found no benefit compared to the stock i still hung onto.

Looking at DBAs, probably just standard rotors, DBA418. Can get them fairly cheap, have heard RDAs aren't great and tend to squeal, I want to avoid the horrid sound at all cost.

Top Bottom