Brake Pads & Rotors Database

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Wow, just seems odd....they should deal with heat on a run it's only stopping with the pads on one part of the rotor I was worried about.... See what dba say I guess.

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
Previous: Black PFL Legnum
Current: TD5 Land Rover Disco
Yeah I'm not bothered if they don't want to replace them, but it can't hurt to try

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
I'm curious to know what they say either way

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
Yeah, I'll put up a photo of how the rotors look before I return then too for those who are interested

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Wasn't sure where to post this but here will do...
Just thought I'd let you all know GSL Rallysport is having a 20% off sale on brakes, Its probably the cheapest option we have when it comes to brakes so I have ordered some. Here is the prices I was quoted...

With the 20% off, prices as follows:
- HPX Front Pads $63.20 for the set
- HPX Rear Pads $63.20 for the set
- RDA Slotted Front Rotors $167.04 for the pair
- RDA Slotted Rear Rotors $216 for the pair

I had these on my Legnum and while they aren't brembos they are still decent brakes. In my opinion these brakes give the car the sort of braking performance it should of had from the factory.
If anyone knows where to get cheaper brakes please tell.

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
Any comments on how the HPX Pads are?
i currently have QFM AR1M pads up front with DBA4000 Slotted and in less than 20'000kms the rotors need machining..
i loved the performance of the AR1M pads for the price, but they just destroyed my rotors.. so im sending them off to be machined now and gonna fit new pads when i put them back in, so im trying to find a decent performance, yet rotor friendly pad.

(Steve, DBA consider the cracks normal under hard braking and aren't a defect unless your fingernail catches on them when you run your finger around the disc)

EDIT: just ordered the Remsa pads for the front (I already have a set of Remsa for the rear i've still got from when i ordered the front a year ago!!)
they are a street pad as opposed to the AR1M being a street-track so rotor wear should be nicer. they sit between the HPX(Bendix Ultimate equiv) and the AR1M.
came to $83 including freight for fronts.

thanks for letting us know about the sale Chris.. perfect timing!

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
Just to let you guys know...GSL Rallysport are having a 20% sale on till close of business today....so get in quick!

parepin

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
4G93 Mirage
#HairdresserCivic
Ordered my HPX for all four corners yesterday! Woot!

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
Saved $120 getting slotted rotors and pads for the Tarago

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
Couldn't get through to GSL by phone for some reason (probably overwhelmingly busy this arvo), hoping they respond to my email favourably...

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
Just fitted... will post back later with further feedback

Rotors: DBA4000 Slotted F+R
Pads: Project Mu NS
Calipers: Brembos

Is there a general pad bed-in how to guide around here that someone can point me to?

ttgvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
steve
Drive
02 vr4 galant, 92 vr4, 85 starion
Need to know I can get my hands on GTO rotors slotted and cross drilled cheap will they fit a 2002 galant??? Need to know ASAP cheers

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Need to know I can get my hands on GTO rotors slotted and cross drilled cheap will they fit a 2002 galant??? Need to know ASAP cheers

simply, nope unless you match with the calipers, then the calipers matched to a dog bone

tsai1

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Ben
Drive
01 legnum
Does anyone know the parts number for front and rear ebc greenstuff pads on stock calipers
cheers

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Just fitted... will post back later with further feedback

Rotors: DBA4000 Slotted F+R
Pads: Project Mu NS
Calipers: Brembos

Is there a general pad bed-in how to guide around here that someone can point me to?

Don't know of any guide but generally...
From about 80 slow to about 50 with light force,
80-50 more than above
100-60 medium
100- 60 harder again
120- 60 hard
120-60 hard
then drive for about 15 mins with minimal braking to let them cool. Arrive home leave car until next day.

I bed mine in at night, then drive it normally the next day.

You will feel them get better with each application. If you're awesome like me, you'll be able to tell when they aren't "getting any better" and that's your que to finish and start the cool down process:cool:

CANDEE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jeremy
Drive
1998 Galant VR4
Does anyone know the parts number for front and rear ebc greenstuff pads on stock calipers
cheers
Dont even bother with greens on our cars... they last about 1 second...

My suggestion is a yellow front and red rear combo - DP4954R(f)/DP3938C(r). I have run Bluestuff(f) and Yellowstuff(r) and they arent too bad either.

vr4cobra

1 AYC Bar
First Name
T-J
Drive
1996 Galant VR4
A place called brakes direct are doing 20% off rotors and if u get brake pads u get free shipping... Only this week tho... Asked for a price list and this is wat they sent me for our cars...

Can supply a full range of the Brakes Direct rotors to suit your car, prices as follows (normal prices quoted, so take off 20% if ordered this week).

Front - Plain $54.45 per rotor - Straight Slotted $94.05 per rotor - Cross Drilled $121.22 per rotor - Curved Slotted $142.12 per rotor - Grooved and Dimpled $166.16 per rotor - Slotted and Cross Drilled $192.28 per rotor

Rear - Plain $74.25 per rotor - Straight Slotted $110.77 per rotor - Cross Drilled $137.94 per rotor - Curved Slotted $158.84 per rotor - Grooved and Dimpled $182.88 per rotor - Slotted and Cross Drilled $209 per rotor

Worked out if I get slotted all round and hpx pads for $485 delivered I belive they are dba rotors

tsai1

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Ben
Drive
01 legnum
Ok I'm leaning more to red stuff but don't want to miss match pads so can you tell me the parts number for the front pads in red stuff
thanks heaps.

CANDEE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jeremy
Drive
1998 Galant VR4
Ok I'm leaning more to red stuff but don't want to miss match pads so can you tell me the parts number for the front pads in red stuff
thanks heaps.
There is nothing wrong with running a higher temp pad on the front to the rear. The reason is that the rears dont actually do "that much". So having a lower temp pad on the rear is fine.. ;)

If you insist on running the same all round, the red stuff front is DP3954C.

Top Bottom