Brembo Brake Caliper Upgrade

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
haha yeah, don't mention anything about a VR-4 or Legnum, you'll just confuse them

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
They arent from the same car, which sucks.

When i get the rears will it be easy to tell which type i will need or its it hard to tell?

Jarrad, and anyone else for that matter, if you're after specific bits and pieces, its worth putting a wanted to buy thread on evolutionoz first to see if anyone there has what you're after.

I got my caliper bolts that way, i recall it was about a week turnaround from posting the thread to recieving them and got offers from 3 different people

G

Unregistered
Well, I guess the consensus is to stick with the pads. I'll just sit quietly in the corner now :rolleyes:

NO NEVER use second hand brake pads you dont know where when and why they are being sold it may be because of a accident because of a flaw in the brakes or they may have been on a japan used car so salt may have contaminated them.

You should NEVER EVER EVER put saving $100 or so before something that can and will save your life!!!!!!!!!!!!! PERIOD:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

sorry I may be ranting but IT IS YOUR LIFE YOU ARE PLAYING WITH!!! and some of you are putting your cars out on a track of some sort and the rest love spending time on a winding cruise thru the hills.

I am with you on this on FOR SURE Snickells

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
Go to traders and vendors and look for Hipsi (trav's), and midnight mods rotors and pads threads. They have full part numbers and will also sell a lot cheaper than any retailer!!

And Brendon the search button is your friend.:)

J-B

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
EVO VII GSR
Quick question guys, does anyone know of an easy way to get the hub out of the knuckle? ive undone every bolt and tried pretty much everything apart from trying to smash it out with a hammer, there arent any tricks to getting them seperated is there?

G

Unregistered
leave the bolts in, wind them out a bit,

hit each with a hammer, it will eventually start to come out,

wind out some more, hit some more, repeat untill it comes out,

you may need new bolts after this if the hubs are really stuck fast

either this or a hydralic press if you have the arm off the car

sickvr4

Hesitantly Boosting
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
1998 Galant VR4
this might not be in the right thread, but when i got my 98 prefacelift galant i noticed that my mmcs was the 16:9 widescreen and not the older one. is it possible that during the change over, facelift parts were used on my prefacelift car?

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
not sure on the answer to that, all the prefacelifts I've seen have had the 4:3 screen and all facelifts including mine have had the 16:9

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Paul if yours is a '98 series 1 you may indeed be correct that they started using some of the facelift parts on the last of the series 1's.

G

Unregistered
this might not be in the right thread, but when i got my 98 prefacelift galant i noticed that my mmcs was the 16:9 widescreen and not the older one. is it possible that during the change over, facelift parts were used on my prefacelift car?
Or maybe the owner swaped it over for a second hand facelift one?

sickvr4

Hesitantly Boosting
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
1998 Galant VR4
thats also possible. what do i have to look for to look for to find out if i have the facelift hub carriers anyways?

sickvr4

Hesitantly Boosting
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
1998 Galant VR4
cars gonna be on the hoist this week, i'll check the spacing and let ya's know.

G

Unregistered
measure both sides,

one guy in the UK had one facelift and one pre-facelift hub carrier fitted,
probabilly accedent damaged and repaired with newer parts on one side

J-B

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
EVO VII GSR
ok, quick question. What is the size of the drive shaft nut, I need to buy a socket for it as i dont have one large enough.

cheers

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
I suppose I would find this out when I get the Brembo upgrade but why are FL hub carriers used for the conversion?:)

J-B

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
EVO VII GSR
you need the FL hub carriers because they have the correct bolt spacing for the brembo calipers to attach to, i think its 160mm. The PFL hub carriers bolt spacing is 130mm(i think) so the brembos dont fit, hence the need for FL ones :)

Top Bottom