Came across a leggy for sale! What do you guys think?

G

Unregistered
I am again thinking about buying a legnum. I came across this one and it seemed like the sort of example i am after.http://www.tradingpost.com.au/Autom...ber=D1117400254813?BackToResult=true&AdOnTop= Do you think those Recaros are factory? Same with the steering wheel (looks evo 6 to me). I like it because it is a late model and has low km's. I just think it is a little expensive for basically a stock car. I guess that comes with being at a caryard.

What do you guys think? Or should i be looking elswhere? I would rather a manual example with roof rails, but they are so hard to find in a late model. There is another in melbourne i don't mind but i would prefer not to have to deal with the travel and registration issues.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Rare combo, looks excellent, but do you really want to pay that much for an auto? You could get the EXACT combo you want for that price...

The other aspect of it all is, that if its not the car YOU want, don't buy it. I made that mistake already :)

Recaro's are factory, and so is the wheel (Same as EVO6)

Edit - The seats and wheel might not be factory, but they are factory VR4 parts :)

snitz

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Jason
Drive
Toyota Cressida,GK Scorpion,VP Calais..2000 Legnum type S and a Rota project in the shed.
Yep those Recaros and momo are Factory fitted as an option.Looks like a good clean car.(y)

montgomery

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Chris
Drive
Mazda Familia GTR
Fat , id be buying that and a manual half cut.

see if you can knock a few $ off it.. id would pay 13.500 max for that. Maybe 14 coz it has recaro's !

AUSVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
'00 Mitsubishi Legnum

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Far out, 16k+ for that??? WTF?? Dude, recaros are NOT worth 3k! Its a bloody auto with nice seats, that's it.

I bought my 2002 MANUAL with teins and an exhaust for 14k from Kristian (Iron Chef) and bought the Momo steering wheel from Japan for about $200. Recaros will cost you about $1200 - $1400 delivered. So why bother with that piece of overpriced shit?

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Far out, 16k+ for that??? WTF?? Dude, recaros are NOT worth 3k! Its a bloody auto with nice seats, that's it.

I bought my 2002 MANUAL with teins and an exhaust for 14k from Kristian (Iron Chef) and bought the Momo steering wheel from Japan for about $200. Recaros will cost you about $1200 - $1400 delivered. So why bother with that piece of overpriced shit?

Wow :eek:

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
It also in my opinion has a fair bit of wear on the drivers seat and wheel for a car thats done 50000km. Unless the suede fabric wares more than the red cloth as my car has 107000km and the red recaros look in better nick than that

OVR444

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brett
Drive
2004 Mirage
Is it just me... or does the close up of the front left wheel have a aftermarket antenna fitted on the front bar. Yet it's not visible in ANY other pictures? wierd... :S

G

Unregistered
Could be a corner parking guide. They are pretty popular in Japan and some cars even have electric pop up ones built into the bumper.

OVR444

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brett
Drive
2004 Mirage
Could be a corner parking guide. They are pretty popular in Japan and some cars even have electric pop up ones built into the bumper.

That's even more gangsta then the folding mirrors :p Gotta get me one of those bad boys! hahaa..

AUSVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
'00 Mitsubishi Legnum
I think I've got to research a little more because I thought the seat and steering wheel looked alright. But then again my Evo seats and steering wheel in my old HH Galant work poorly...

cyber_scriber

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Bruce
Drive
2000 Galant; metallic dark blue; manual; Recaros; Momo steering wheel; and sunroof!
Shannon.

It boils down to whether you need to get into a car right away or whether you can wait to import your own.

Assuming the K's are genuine (as per David's comments, the seats do appear to show a bit of wear), and if you can take a couple grand off, it's not an unreasonable ask from a car yard.

If you have time on your side and can wait to import your own, you'll easily get manual + Recaros etc for less than what the car yard are asking for. Quite a few of us have done exactly that. In my case, it was manual + Recaros + 50K's + sunroof for less than that!

Weigh up time vs convenience.

knickers

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nic
Drive
'99 EC5A VR-4 Type V
That's even more gangsta then the folding mirrors :p Gotta get me one of those bad boys! hahaa..

Haha I have one, and it has a green LED at the top that lights up withthe headlights. I call it my pimp stick.

Rasi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
2001 Nissan Elgrand - Previously the "best" factory optioned 2000 Legnum (manual, suade recaros)hehe
The suade Recaros are very nice and they wear very well... mine have over 100,000 kms on them and they still look brand new (with a vacuum of course).

That is a reasonable price for a car from a yard, but always try and talk them down. If they advertised it for $1k cheaper, then they should be willing to drop further.

AUSVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
'00 Mitsubishi Legnum
Can't get access to that site - it warns me that it's a suspected Malware site?

edit: If it's the one with the kit I heard it sold a long time ago. The white on white Legnum that was advertised on there also sold ages ago - to a guy on here. From what I can gather Ozcarimports haven't been doing anything for about a year. Nothing's been updated at least

Top Bottom