COIL ON PLUG setup for the VR4

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
I like this way better, I think you had one of them facing a different way before didn't you? Symmetry is good :)

EDIT: I'm guessing its not possible to have the front bank facing the centre like the rear is it? Filler cap in the way?

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
I like this way better, I think you had one of them facing a different way before didn't you? Symmetry is good :)

EDIT: I'm guessing its not possible to have the front bank facing the centre like the rear is it? Filler cap in the way?

yeah, previously the coil on cylinder 1 was facing the firewall where as the coils on cylinder 3 and 5 were facing the engine.. and with the coil on cylinder 6, yeah you're spot on..

next month I'll buy one of those cheapy coils just for measurements.. as I would like to have the connectors flat rather than diagonal... and mount tab would be on a different position too..

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Pretty sure it's complete and there's already a few sets out in the wild standing up to higher boost easily :)

Danners

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
99 Galant VR4 Series 2
I got my new spark plugs today, so am going to install these along with the COP setup tonight. Is there anything I need to be aware of?? I haven't even looked in the box yet but i'm assuming ts all fairly plug and play?

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
pretty simple really, only trick is geting the right wire to the right leads to the right packs

Danners

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
99 Galant VR4 Series 2
Just wanted to report back. Got it all installed fine except for one issue... these orange inserts inside the plug would not push into the female connectors, this was due (i think) to the two little bits extruding in the centre. I pulled these out and each one clipped in perfectly.

2011-10-12 20.49.48.jpg

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
sorry, i've only seen this now.. been so busy..

anyway with those orange tabs, i didnt realize that it is a problem..

do you still have the orange bits?

and have you got it running yet?

Danners

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
99 Galant VR4 Series 2
Still got the bits, and yep - the car is up and running. After they were removed it clipped in perfectly

mr barista

Crunching Gears
First Name
Glen
Drive
S2 type S black legnum
Ok, cop setup installed...
ill take a pic and post it, gotta tidy up the wiring first. Found a loose conection from the loom in one of my cars plugs.........installed cop twice as i thought i had missed something or fucked the cables up...which i hadn't. Have changed my plugs and coild about 6 or 7 times in the past 2months now..
Got it down to 30 mins tonight with no mystery bolts left over - WIN
18psi and pulling hard without a problem.
Great product well worth the $$$$$

Cheers again

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
why is that everyone pulled out the orange bits? I'll check my out when I get around to installing it..

btw.. I installed a set on my Lancer and I didnt pull out the orange bit.. as far as I remember the connectors are the same.. too bad I only saw this post now as I had swapped cars tonight (VR4 is at my parents at the moment)

mr barista

Crunching Gears
First Name
Glen
Drive
S2 type S black legnum
couldn't get it to plug in with the orange bits in...maybe u can with some force, but i wasn't willing to try and push it that hard

M0R81U5

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mick
Drive
PFL Legnum
Orange bits? I don't remember pulling out any orange anything.... <shrug>

Top Bottom