Dodgy clock (and Replacing it with a trip computer)

rooks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andrew
Drive
2005 ST246 Caldina GT4
Good to know im not the only one with this issue, and thanks for the tips on getting the dash clock off.
Managed to pull off the clock last night. Came off easily! Previous owner must have done it heaps of times! Tried to re-solder the 4 points that connects back to power, seems to behave but this morning when accelerating the clock turns itself off! Must be bad capacitors too or my bad soldering ! Will give it another shot.

G

Unregistered
i had a bad issue with my clock going on and off got it replaced under warranty

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
That looks awesome, Whats it showing?

Temp
Speed
Fuel consumption

What else does it show you?

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
thats sweet!

any more detail? is it a apexi RSM

Jkrzysztof

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Kris
Drive
Legnum VR4
Macca it's show you Temp, Speed, Fuel consumption like you see and also acceleration 0-100km/h, averange fuel consumption, counter, how many liters left in tank and many more.
No it is not APEXi. I bought this in Poland for 130zl it's about 40-50 Australian Dollar. Unfortunately it is only in Polish language only, but i can ask if he can put english if somebody want :)

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
That sounds great. If you could ask him if he can do an English one I might be very interested in one. How is it connected? Do you just plug it in or do you have to solder it in? Do you have to program it?

Jkrzysztof

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Kris
Drive
Legnum VR4
This computer is here http://nestor19.webd.pl/sklep/product_info.php?cPath=54&products_id=163 but every think is in Polish, good for me, and I don't know how about you, but meaybe you know some Polish guys?
Computer you have to connect yourself but it's easy i can help you. You dont have to program it, the newest software is alredy in. Im waiting for answer from that guy.

You can login also in english version os that webpage it's google translation but meaybe can help you http://translate.google.pl/translat...pl/forum/index.php&hl=pl&ie=UTF-8&sl=pl&tl=en

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
Yeah i reckon an english version of that could sell quite well. Especially given the good price.

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type S
I assume thats pretty much the same unit as this here:

Russian Tripcomputer

It's been on the market for quiet a while (3 years?) and it looks like it really works ;-) Different display colours are available too.

What it shows is:
- Fuel Consumption l/100km
- Revs (rpm)
- Speedo (km/h)
- Average Speed for the last 100km
- Average fuel consumption for the last 100km
- Fuel left in tank (L)
- Possible Distance (km left)
- Fuel used on last trip
- km travelled on last trip
- Battery power (V)
- Temperature (inside/outside)
- Clock & Date
- Price for used fuel in (€) might be possible to change to $

Youtube Videos:

The full set including all sensors etc was 99€ + 20€ for a remote afaik - if you can get it cheaper you're more then welcome to organise a GB and I'm your first customer ^^
I've got the german installation manual for it - here. They do have english manuals now too, I just don't know where! ;-)

Last but not least a few pics from an installation... if anyone is going to buy one, I hope you don't have 2 left hands! :D

Edit: Found the english manual for it - look here

Lateralus45

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Braithe
Drive
96 Legnum VR4
Hmm that looks very interesting. Always thought it was a little strage we didn't get a trip computer stock

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
I think the one Kris has is a much better looking unit, and cheaper. That would be awesome if you could get it in english. Im in for the group buy if you can.

Jkrzysztof

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Kris
Drive
Legnum VR4
Nestor answered to me. He want some extra money if you will order just one, but if somebody else want, 3 or more persons he will do it for free.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
For $40-$50AUD Id buy one. Can you get that black and white LCD with it or just that standard one? Whats involved in fitting it?

GB anyone? :D

Donkay

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Don
Drive
Mitsubishi RVR
I'm in, don't care what colour, as long it's got Speedo (and the Fuel consumption would be nice) so that's 3 already, let's do it:D

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
cool im in!

is it a bolt in propersition or is it a bit of dickin round?

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
I imagine it would be a little of both but would be awesome if it were straight bolt in :)

Top Bottom