DONOR CAR WANTED IN NSW!

Gooch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bob
Drive
J-Spec Vr-4 1990, 2000 Legnum VR-4 Type S
HDI as used with the HPI proj car are looking for a donor car to do final fitment of their kit for the VR-4.

They will need someone's car from tomorrow morning till Saturday.

HDI are flying back their chief engineer to personally tune the MAX-ROM piggy back ecu for the VR-4.

They will test and fit the incooler piping and Max-rom. The new intercooler is 200mm shorter than the one used on the HPI Galant. So there may not be a need for major mod of the front bar.

They have on offer a special if the donor would like to purchase the kit

Intercooler Kit - $400 - Supply and Installed
MAX-ROM - $980 - Supply and Install
SBC-D-EVO - $620 - Supply and Installed (includes the boost gauge and electronic boost controller)

You dont need to purchase the kit if you dont want however they would like to see how the fitment is and tune!

I was going to do it unfortunately I brought a house last week and the cash is gone! Gogarth has first dibs and I have sent him a PM if he does not reply by tonight will need to get someone else so need some names as fall back

Reply to this thread if your interested I can give you more info as we go.
This is a great opportunity to have a top engineer tune the pc to your car and get the gear fitted professionally there would not much left to do after this except maybe bigger turbo's I think it is great value for money! Spewing I brought a house spewing the minister of finance has also said no

any questions let me know ASAP!

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
If only I lived in Sydney I would do this.....

/sigh

What a bargain

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
Hey all,

Unfortunately, I am not able to take this opportunity as I am on the process of having my first property buy as I explained to Bob.

Additional info regarding to the new intercooler kit, as Bob mentioned, this kit is a bit smaller than the GT Spec. I have spoke with Justin, this IC kit is called GT2, there is not much required cutting on the impact bar to fit this kit but it will be only around 10-15mm to be taken off, not like the GT Spec which is almost half of the impact bar was cut.

Justin mentioned as well that a replacement hard piping kit will be produce if ever the GT2 kit is on demand.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
1999 Legnum Type S
It'll be awesome if the I/C fits without cutting the impact bar! I'll definitely reconsider the kit then as their I/C internal design is on par with PWR.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
oh wow go Dimi!

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
I just got off the phone with Bob and Justin from HDI. Both very funny and very helpful blokes haha.
Thanks for the info Bob, but like mentioned in the PM, I won't be able to do this tomorrow as I can't take any time off work at the moment.

Perhaps KB would be interested or other NSW members?

Would be such a good opportunity to get your car going hard for a bargain price!

Poor Bob, gutted he can't be the donor car :(
Don't worry, Justin will sort something out for you.

Gooch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bob
Drive
If only i could express post my car, it would be there :(

I had planned to drive up tonight actually.

Then the minister for finance rips my heart out :mad:

Oh well I keep telling myself its only a car..........hmmf!:rolleyes:

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
DAMMMMMIT !!!

& my Super is so close to being there it's not funny.

Seeing as I will have 2, I would have put the Super in for the work....

Jeeez I've got crap timing....

G

Unregistered
HHmmm would they take layby or interest free payment for a year haha

What would the normal RRP be if we were to get it done later?

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
DAMMMMMIT !!!

& my Super is so close to being there it's not funny.

Seeing as I will have 2, I would have put the Super in for the work....

Jeeez I've got crap timing....
Brad just use grandpa and transplant everything once the super's on the road :)

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
Thats not a bad idea, and it should't take you long if your watching what the're doing.

Gooch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bob
Drive
Dont forget

This could be a three day item here.

So if you go go with the expectations that you may not get your car back until the weekend.

You dont need to purchase the items either you could just donor your car and I am sure they would work something out for you if your interested at a later stage!

So it is really just the intercooler/ piping and max rom for now. The boost was a bit of a special!

Cheers

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Brad just use grandpa and transplant everything once the super's on the road :)

Jeez even the Super Mod is now calling me Grandpa :redface:

Well I can't anyways as I am in Griffith for work. Just a slight 8 hour drive away from Sydney & I don't live there anymore either.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
1999 Legnum Type S
I'd do it (can't afford to buy anything though) but I have no way of getting to work afterwards.

G

Unregistered
Wow if they didnt have to cut the inpact bar i would defently do it. as i already have there boost controller and an ivan intercooler kit and top hoses insalled and would get the max rom to finish of the car.

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
HHmmm would they take layby or interest free payment for a year haha

What would the normal RRP be if we were to get it done later?
If recall what Justin said, it will be around or between $700 to $900 once released to the market.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
1999 Legnum Type S
If I could get more time to organise lifts, I would donate my car for sure. Dimi, what's his contact details?

VR4sum

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
2009 Toyota Kluger
Where are HDi? where would I need to get the car to? (Seven Hills isn't it?)
And they need it tomorrow morning and the assumption is not getting it back until sunday?
What time do they need to get the car by? and what is a best case scenario pickup?

.....might be doable (man I would love to especially since I have been on the phone to them harrassing them about the release date for the kit in question)

Top Bottom