[FIXED] Help!!! (piping had blown off)

G

Unregistered
Houston we have a problem.

Just had the Legnum out on its first proper trip around town, almost home and pull on to the main road. Put the foot down a bit, it started to pull away and then it started to shake a bit... loose power... and so I pulled it over to the side. By this time the engine had stalled.

Now the car won't start... well.... all the lights come on first click... then turn the key... chugga chugga brooomm... Car starts and then stalls instantly.

Please help!

Its an Auto and its just been serviced.

Andy
sad2.gif

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Check your vacuum lines, possible crack or you might have popped a intercooler pipe.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Replied on cvr4 to you, you've most likely blown the throttle body pipe off

G

Unregistered
Thanks for the very fast replies guys, as you have guessed I am on both forums... but obviously I am just a bit distressed that as usual my nice thing that I've been looking forward to has broken. :(

G

Unregistered
Just another quick one.
A lot of people overlook to do some checks like tightening the rocker covers and making sure all piping and all connectors are firmly secure.
I had a gremlin and it turned out to be the plugs in front of the throttle body were a bit loose and car was only working on 3 cylinders and it was a case of loose plugs.
Good to always 1-2 twice a month lift the hood and get the car on a hoist and just give it a once over as its better picking up faults before they end up costing you a night out or a tow truck.

legnum600

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jason s
Drive
2000 legnum
Yeah filled up with petrol tonight 10pm, drove out on to main road then planted boot then bang lost power. Lucky only 5min from home 1st gear all the way home, throttle body pipe blown off. Turned manual boost right down.

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
If you fit something like 4 pieces of matchstick/toothpick between the plastic outer and rubber inner and glue them into place at 90 dergee intervals it will give it a trumpet shape and be able to clamp down tight and not pop off. Mine hasn't done it for over a year now.

Top Bottom