I hate woodgrain and this is how I fixed it

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
If you want the dark grey interior pieces, there is a wrecked VR4 going in to Pickles Auctions soon with a full Recaro interior and dark grey.. Car looks kinda like mine.. Well, actually.. Funny story there......

drez

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dre
Drive
Galant type S 2000
I wonder if we can use this stuff for the door trim panel too, i dont really like that cloth with red patterns on it, carbon fibre will looks good on it

4RT3R5

Crunching Gears
First Name
MART.PREZ
Drive
98 Legnum VR4, Mazda 323
Hey Ben, loved what you've done to your console (y). Im doing the same to my woodgrain console. Any advice on how to get the whole lighter part off the center console. Also how did you get the top center console off, i had no probs with gear & center console off, cheers.

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
wow i love it, i do admit thou with tan leather seats and lighter brown trim i still love my wood grain but i love what you have done changing the woodgrain over to carbon on this one.

i take it you glue on this material your talking about or are you just talking about the carbon fibre vinyls you can get ?

we can buy the normal carbon fibre coburn vinyls for around $40 a mtr i hope they arent charging you double what it should be if thats what your using, does the back of the sheet look like an aluminium sheet sort of thing ?

anyway looks great if i didnt have leather i would be tempted to try it.

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type S
i take it you glue on this material your talking about or are you just talking about the carbon fibre vinyls you can get ?

It is 3M (Company) CA-421 (type) and you can get it from any 3M dealer... I thought this was mentioned a few times before :rolleyes:

Have a look at post #12... and the back of this "sticker" is black

bdscott

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
98 FL Leggy
The stuff I used was non adhesive and needed to be glued onto the console. It just comes as a fabric then you apply contact adhesive and glue it on.

The vents just pull off as well I think and the cig lighter I unbolted from the back. Although I think I unbolted it too much and it was a bit of a struggle getting it reattached. Glad you like it

YTRY50

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
1996 VRG Galant->1996 Galant VR4->2002 Galant GLS->1998 Galant VR4

My own automatico style =]
What do you think?

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
I think no matter how much you try and pretend it is a manual, it'll still explode.

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
I think no matter how much you try and pretend it is a manual, it'll still explode.

:p

Its not a matter of pretending, its making the auto shifter comfortable and less of a brick!
They dont explode, i haven't heard of a failing auto for over nearly a week!

YTRY50

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
i bought a manaul gear knob and manaul gear shift liner.

Took out the existing automatic gear knob (screw driver to get out the button then a 12ml deep socket to get the bolt out), hack sawed a bit of the rod down so that when i fit the manual gear knob on the grub screws can hit against a large thread of rod at the bottom because the top of the thread is very thin. Had to put on the knob while the rod is perminatly pressed down so I can get it out of park =]

Then took out the dash piece around the gear shifting and just stretched a manaul one around it and it came out awesome ! :)

YTRY50

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
and its not a vr4 btw =O
I have finished my project on my 2002 NZ Galant. Will put up pics tonight!

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
One of my mates and his mate used this stuff to "carbon" their bonnets haha.. Couple hundred bucks and a few hours, and it looks so good! Can feel the texture and the light shines off it like proper dry carbon hehe..

budget mods ftw

Top Bottom