I hate my Legnum!!

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Yea it has been in QLD since 12th of Nov.
Well there's your problem right there - some of us got our cars in the past three weeks, but they were at Shogun in October. Why did it take so long to get your car to Australia if you bought it in August??!

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
mind you i sort of wonder if they do anything at all anyway and just hope no one comes to take a look. who knows

And bingo was his name O

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
Guys,

None of this is shoguns fault, they are a good bunch of guys however each raws workshop can only be issued 100 plates in any given 12 month period. You could ask Ben if they can get a transfer from another company to get it through or when they are going to drop below their 100 quota..

??? So the fact that they can't count to 100 isn't their fault?
Is it also not their fault if the are greedy and take customers money for work they know they cannot do in a reasonable time frame?

quincy777

Crunching Gears
First Name
Cam
Drive
Legnum VR4
Thanks guys for the encouragement and jokes. This is my forth import and I have never waited more then 12 weeks to get it. Bought on 8th of Aug and yep got to QLD in Nov - Out of my hands, but I have the feeling it was forgotten about. By the time I sold my car I assumed by experience might only have to wait a week or so..
I would love a drive with one of you guys but I live in Melb, I haven't even sat in a leggy yet. Not expecting it to compare to the R32 which was over 400hp at wheels, but looking forward to leather and sunroof.

G

Unregistered
Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum and I just purchase a 99' white type S from j-spec.
It hasn't been booked on ship yet. I'm getting pretty scared hearing all these disasters from Shogun, don't other compliance workshops do legnums?

I'm imported twice before but under the 15 yr (much simpler), so I've never imported using RAWS.

I'm from Melbourne, will really appreciate it if others could share their experiences and recommendations about compliance. Is it possible to get the car compliance in Melbourne?

Cheers.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Hi guys,
I bought my Leggy in August and Still dont have the bastard.... Just heard from Shogun maybe mid - next week, as if heard in October.
The Legnum would want to be the best car or it will be selling in the first week and buying another skyline which I reluctanlty sold to by the Leggy and have been on public transport ever since. HEAPS of FUN!

If anyone knows of a way to hurry things up or how to check if they have even logded my plate application that would be great.
Cheers
Cam

There's absolutely nothing you can do but wait.

If it's any consolation I waited a year for my car to be complied. For different reasons, but I still enjoy my car very very much and whole-heartedly believe the wait was worth it.

G

Unregistered
^^^what he said.. i was wondering why cam didnt do that aswell.. SSV are fairly quick.

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy
Correct me if I am wrong, but weren't the hold-ups at Shogun late last year (Oct-Nov) caused by running out of plates?

If this is the case, it can hardly be likely that they've run out again only two months later.. can it? :confused:

Nick

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nick
Drive
Aristo
SSV wont be able to help if this is a plate issuing problem. All the compliance places will be stuck depending on the Govt.

G

Unregistered
Thanks guys, I'll check SSV out then, has anyone actually gone through them? If so, are they priced competitively? Thanks again.

Cheers.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Correct me if I am wrong, but weren't the hold-ups at Shogun late last year (Oct-Nov) caused by running out of plates?

If this is the case, it can hardly be likely that they've run out again only two months later.. can it? :confused:
Andy plate allocation for a RAW isn't 100 a year, 100 at a time. Its done on a rolling basis, so if you use up 10 plates in the first week of January, you'll get 10 plates to issue the first week of January a year later.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Ahh right...so that explains why such a popular car + new workshop = Delays as their plate allocation isn't worked out right yet?

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
That and they don't JUST do VR4's - no one's doing them exclusively. But as they were one of the first (and all the import agents were using them) they hit their limit really fast.

As more workshops get approval to do VR4's (and more RAWs start up in general) we should see this become less of an issue.

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
^^^ what he said :) Also allocation isn't the same for all RAWS, it's dependant on the date of application. Ie: it maybe the 13th of Jan for one RAW and the 27th July for another.

Gooch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bob
Drive
J-Spec Vr-4 1990, 2000 Legnum VR-4 Type S
All the way with SSV

Hey man Just been informed my plates are in the mail. YEAH, YEAH!

I had my car delievered to SSV on thursday 31st I picked it up on the Friday 1st And was able to take it home with the assistance of a Unregistered permit.

SSV has contacted me today saying the plates are in the Mail I strongly suggest anyone who wants their car complied and is in Vic go through SSV.

Good luck but keep some money aside as per usual things always look sweet in a photo.

Good luck ;)

G

Unregistered
Wow, 2 days for compliance, now that's more like it.

How much did it cost you by the way?

VR4CE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Vince
Drive
Galant VR4
14 months and still waiting, my car is also with shogun, but the wait has been due to paperwork

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
I paid for mine October 28 and still waiting, good news though, my alternator shat itself today. So even if I get my plate this week I gotta fix that before it can go for rego :mad:

Top Bottom