Fuel Consumption Figures - how to empty your 60L tank in style

David-777

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
David
Drive
1998 VR4 Manual
I haven't had a tune. I thought it would be better since in japan they're running 101 octane?

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
Previous: Black PFL Legnum
Current: TD5 Land Rover Disco
100 Octane is 98 + ethanol making it around 100

E10 is poo

I had run United 100 for a good year before a Steve tune.
got pretty decent economy,
went to 98 for the tune, i get slightly better power but less economy from 100 on a 98 tune

Rabit

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
2000 Legnum Mint with 44589ks when I got it. Now with black leather seats. After 3 years of fun some terminal engine bay wiring issues raised their ugly heads and it died. I Now drive a 2002 Legnum and have retired the 2000 to spare parts duty.
My last fill was 59.63 L and it was still running. Is that some sort of record since its only a 60 L tank.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Barstard you just beat me, my best was 59.14.... Did a 58.85 the other day as well

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Hmm your fuel filter won't be full of crap now will it:oops:

VR4sum

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
2009 Toyota Kluger
Fuel consumption figures after testing tiptronic vs. full auto:
Mix of city driving and freeway (about 60/40) in both cases:

Full auto: avg 10.8l for 100km
Tiptronic; avg 13.3l for 100km

Granted my driving is a bit more spirited when I use tiptronic ... And really, who wants to drive these things in auto constantly!?? BORING.

VR4sum

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
2009 Toyota Kluger
I'm stoked with both those figures because seasoned members may remember that my last leggy used anything from 16 - 22l for each 100km!!

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
Wow Alex they're great figures. That other Vr4 must've been preettyy sick

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
I have also tried driving in full auto vs tiptronic. 2 tanks of each in case something weird happened in my driving route.

So far it has barely made a difference. Full auto might be slightly better, but very minimal.

Reading previously where someone was saying they get more kms when driven in larger chunks; I definitely agree with that. Luckily I only fill up once every 2 weeks. I probably do about 25-30kms a day, broken up into 7kms chunks. So I'm starting my car and only driving 7kms 3 to 4 times a day. So over the course of a whole tank of fuel, the car is in warm up mode at least 35 times. No doubt this is responsible for by worse than average economy. As I said before though, I only fill up once every 2 weeks, so it isn't that bad really.

Skippy

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Stuart
Drive
'96 PFL Galant VR-4
Best's:
City: 13.39L/100km

Worst:
16.92L/100km

Average:
14.54L/100km

So far done 10 fill ups, hopefully I'll be able to pull the average down a bit...

Rabit

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
2000 Legnum Mint with 44589ks when I got it. Now with black leather seats. After 3 years of fun some terminal engine bay wiring issues raised their ugly heads and it died. I Now drive a 2002 Legnum and have retired the 2000 to spare parts duty.
Barstard you just beat me, my best was 59.14.... Did a 58.85 the other day as well
No one can call me a "Barstard" cause I went to my mothers wedding (Her second and I wasnt born for the first in 1942), 31 years ago. LOL

GMan

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jet
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
I'm still going well -- went for a trip to Wollongong lately but otherwise city driving. 9.66L/100Km was my last tank.

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Just did 600kms and cost $55 to fill it back up, but thats in my colt :p
The fuel efficiency definitely makes it easier to live with the poor performance

staticc

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
1999 Galant VR4
I finally did a fuel test. I used about 45L - 50L and I managed 340kms.

mcs

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
1997 Galant VR-4
how do you get such bad fuel economy, my car is broken and gets better economy.

staticc

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
1999 Galant VR4
I do a lot of short runs. And I like to use its performance lol.

I always say ill take it easy, but I can never help myself.

Top Bottom