Fuel Consumption Figures - how to empty your 60L tank in style

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Thats fairly typical consumption for lots of short trips and a heavy foot. Was getting similar in mine until I started working long distance and taking is easy on the accelerator, all of a sudden I was getting 500km a tank. Also fixed a few boost leaks which Im sure helped.

casuarina26

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Phil
Drive
2010 Skoda Octavia vRS 125TDI, 02 Hyundai Elantra
Galant was been Sold
The other weekend I had to take my daughter to Wagga Wagga NSW, so we took my galant this time [previously in wife's Hyundai elantra]. So left Woongarrah with the gauge showing 3/4 of a tank [had already done 155km of mixed driving], first stop for fuel was at Sutton Forest, trip showing 392.3km used 41.94L = 10.691/100km.

Next stint was from Sutton Forest - Wagga - Yass. 512km used 48.0L = 9.362L/100km [shell 98 Vpower]

Next was Yass - Home - Kurri Kurri - Home - Warnervale[work] - Lake Haven. 515.2km used 46.42L = 9.01L/100km [Caltex 98 vortex]

Alot of highway driving with the speed kept to around 110kmh no more than 120 when passing then back to 110. I keep track of my fuel use with an app called Drivers Diary [great little app]

Fuel Consump 08-2013.jpg

Unco_Tomato

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt
Drive
1996 White Manual Legnum w/ FL Kit
Quite happy with my fuel economy since my huge list of service work with Steve.

Before the service, I was averaging around 16.500/100 driving like a grandpa, and over 19/100 if I was driving with a big of vigor.

So far from the last 3 refills, I've achieved.

9.975/100
10.924/100
11.745/100

Not bad considering I haven't been taking it all that easy on the gas pedal. I think next refuel I'll control myself and try to hit sub 9/100.

This also reminds me, I need to update my ride thread with new pics since the work was done :)

Scubasteve

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
96 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 Manual
New record for me 9.67 per 100. 50/50 highway and town driving. Can't wait to see what it will be like being it hasn't been tuned by Steve yet.

As it stands now boost is stock 9-11 psi, cusco ic pipes, Ivan inter cooler, rpw front pipes, fubijitsu exhaust, fuel loop and hks pod.

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
just did a 10.5l/100km all city driving. Thats the best i've ever had city driving and almost as good as my freeway stints. Very happy

Unco_Tomato

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt
Drive
1996 White Manual Legnum w/ FL Kit
8.53L/100 is now my new record in city/suburb driving :D

Involved driving around like a grandma, but I got under 9L/100 so I'm happy.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
i recorded my fuel economy for once (usually give no farks)

first stint to sydney: 8.3L/100 (no AC)
rest of the trip was 11L/100 pumping the aircon with 3 blokes and gear in it

and idling like a subaru all the time thanks to faulty ISC/TPS error. pretty happy with that

whats_doing

QLD Events Manager
First Name
Sam
Drive
98 PFL Black Legnum - SOLD
MY15 Hyosung GT650R
My trip bringing the car up from Albury.

It had a pod on also which I ripped off as soon as I got home.

1st Fuel Up
300L/30L = 10L/100Km

2nd Fuel Up
330Km/31L = 9.39L/100Km

3rd Fuel Up
380Km/38L = 10L/100Km

4th Fuel Up
430Km/42L = 9.76L/100Km

1st week in QLD
383Km/54L = 14.09L/100Km

Def used the right foot more than I should have when I finally got it here.

Roy

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Roy Repas
Drive
EC5W 99 and 98 (twin FLs), EC5A 96, E39A 89
The most Fuel economic VR4..... competition... ways to keep it low.

Hey Guys been looking for a thread about ways to keep economy down and peoples figures... May the lowest figure win..

Mine is shocking right now I think I am about 13L/100 and am even considering an LPG what you guys think?? or the Hydrocells...

City Driving
1. 11L/100 Nuff Nuff
2. 13L/100 Roy (Auto)
3. 15L/100 Yo_Mang

Country Driving (highway)
1. 8 L/100 Yo_Mang

Yo_Mang

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Blake
Drive
2002 Mitsubishi Legnum
No point going LPG - such a waste for a performance car!

Your in QLD so you should check out Steve's (TME_Steve) tunes! Make more power, use less fuel. All good in my books!

I have high boost, cooler, zorst, COP etc etc. Of course it uses fuel when having a squirt, but thats to be expected with any car. When I drove the Legnum home from the Gold Coast to Wagga Wagga it gave me a good chance to check out my fuel usage. I was averaging in the 9L/100km range, and even got down to 8. something / 100km on the long flat highways home! Was very impressed, seeing as my car makes 180-190kw atw, so power / fun is not sacrificed.

NuffNuff

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Damian
Drive
GTI, GTI, FL Manual Legnum VR4
i get about 15L/100 and dont care anymore, i drive it for fun on saturdays and to work on thursdays when the swift isnt available

i think the sticky tyres contribute to the poor economy now

best i ever got was probably 11L/100, manuals would do pretty good economy wise

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Manuals do better, usually high 9's best was in the 8's, never seen a 7....

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
13 is not shocking for an auto its about average. My tuned auto still did 12.5-13 and so did the stock one. Manuals are better, when mine was converted to manual it dropped into the low 11l bracket

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
New thread merged with existing 150 page consumption/economy thread.

G

Unregistered
try driving a 33gtr v-spec as a daily, then whinge about fuel consumption lol. having said that, it has dropped lately to around the 13.5-14.5L/100km mark.

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
I don't know why we all complain. Performance car with 13ish fuel econmy seems fine to me. When my wife has the Tarago (2.4l 4 cylinder) it gets 13.5l/100km

G

Unregistered
At the end of the day if you buy a performance car or jap import and expect great economy then you're priorities are clearly mixed up.

Roy

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Roy Repas
Drive
EC5W 99 and 98 (twin FLs), EC5A 96, E39A 89
that is why i am aiming to get the most economical performance car.. Anyone can go fast or do a whole bunch of mods to go fast and chew fuel whilst doing it... But to achieve economy and performance is the ultimate goal.. Real racers try to achieve this because they do not want to be filling up all the time and then the other guys are passing them whilst they are in the pits.. Not to sound like a cheap bastard but my goal is to try and achieve something good looking and fast and economical... Even if I just use legnum as the weekender... Unless there was a way of getting 7L/100 out of a vr4 in the city in normal driving and not going WOT at all.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Get a light 2wd car....

Top Bottom