Fuel Consumption Figures - how to empty your 60L tank in style

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
I've gotten a flat 9L/100, out of my auto Galant

Can vouch for the diesel as being the way to go if you are after economy I have just purchased a Skoda Octavia RS with the 125kw diesel from the Golf GTD [the diesel form of the Golf GTI] with a 6 speed DSG gearbox [I can hear Brad crying already] last fillup I had done 870km on 51Lt of diesel = 5.8L/100

I still have the Galant

Meh, that costs 25k ish more than a 2nd hand legnum, based on a 5L/100 difference at $1.80/L, that's a payback period of 280,000km, bugger that.

In all seriousness though, nice car phil, and bugger Brad, I love the VW/Audi DSG's....

casuarina26

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Phil
Drive
2010 Skoda Octavia vRS 125TDI, 02 Hyundai Elantra
Galant was been Sold
Thanks Steve, I plan to keep the car for a few years. Come Jan next year when lm doing a 1000 k's+ a week l will be smiling, will only have to fill up once a week :-D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

random101

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Dj
Drive
97 Legnum
I can't get under 15L/100km whether I keep it under 3k rpm or flog it... on average getting 300km per 40L of LPG

Need to get a tune done -_- on the things to do list

Scubasteve

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
96 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 Manual
My 1st 2 tanks since the tme tune have been 10.2. I was running 9's on 5psi less. But steve did say my car was running lean due to my cold spec pod.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Oh yeah!

hypermiling.jpg

I haven't filled it back up yet so I don't know what the final figure is. But I'm betting in the 8's.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
I'm betting high 9s :)

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
I agree high 9's. My best is about 557.5 kms before the light came on and that worked out to be 9.5L/100km.

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
Pfft low 400s if I'm lucky given the traffic (peak hour) I drive in and the manner in which I drive otherwise given the opportunity! hah

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
Still better than what Chris and I said, and a good result nonetheless.

GMan

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jet
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Yeah, that's excellent. The best I could ever manage was 8.87L/100Km (or 580 Kms on a tank) but that included a road trip to Canberra and back. I normally do around 11 per tank or slightly better after the tune.

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Guessing you could of still gone a bit further until your fuel light would come on Derek? Probably not all cars fuel gauges exactly the same either.

shadow

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
R33 Skyline - sold :( , Legnum VR-4 With Cool bits coming :D
Im getting about 11L\100km driving to and from work but im lead foot and im on boost every moment i get, i probably could get it better if i nana'd but thats no fun :)

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Guessing you could of still gone a bit further until your fuel light would come on Derek? Probably not all cars fuel gauges exactly the same either.

The fuel light had already started to flicker at that point. I just caught it when it was off :)

It's affected by ambient temperature as well.

I'm happy with 9.0, but I've got into the 8's twice before so that's why I said I was dissapoint :/

tidy legnum

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Duane
Drive
mitsubishi legnum , mitsubishi magna
Does unplugging the battery affect the economy? I only take the leggie out maybe every 3rd 4th weekend so I unplug the batteryafter use.

Size1

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
00 legnum vr4
After doing the major service including plugs, air filter and O2 sensor I have not seen an improvement in fuel economy. I do have a hole in the exhaust which could explain why but I am only managing about 350 a tank on a stock tune. I could get close to 500ks when I first got the car.

Top Bottom