Got a SAFC? Post pictures of its location...

OVR444

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brett
Drive
2004 Mirage
Hi all; Well I have been sitting on my SAFC II for some time now; finally I am thinking about actually installing it.

Looking for inspiration on where to mount it. Keeping in mind I like things fairly hidden and trying to keep it looking factory inside.

My first thought is in-front of the transmission lever (in-front of the coin tray) .

Help please! :)

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
i think thats what brett meant

i in the whole where the sunglass holder is, its useless so may as well pop it out and putt the safcII in there

also, some more spots:

safc.jpg

(5) if you were tricky you could put in in the top section of the centre console

"another quality MSPaint drawing by Paulie"

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
I've installed Kev's safc and mounted it in the sun glass holder.. not quite a fit, you'll need to chop it up more than you think..

but if you can make it fit and close the lid.. it'll be a winner!!!

also try to keep the sun away from it.. i've noticed that during day time, i get a little more knock than usual..

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
chris are you running a tuned 7202 plus a safc?

OVR444

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brett
Drive
2004 Mirage
nope... was running safc2 then replaced with 7203 :D

Brett bought my SAFC2

...Then it has lived its life sitting on my computer desk staring at me, next to the pivot engine start button and some other goodies I couldn't be bothered installing.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! Gives me some places to try out.

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
What is the point? Why use the SAFC to bend a signal to close to what you want when you can just tune it to exactly what you want with the ECU in the first place.

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
Correct, but ECU tuned is fixed and you need to do another calibration. What if you want to tweak a bit? Will the SAFC will be suffice?

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
I've got an AFC Neo also sitting on my desk awaiting install, probably going with suggested location (2) or atleast somewhere semi visibile

Will probably go the usual spot for the Apexi pen turbo timer I've got also.

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
IF you have a decent tuner you shouldn't need to do "another calibration". If you are adding or something that requires such a drastic change, you should be getting a re-tune anyway. If it is only something minor, it probably won't need a minor tweak, the ECU is probably smart enough to add/remove timing/fuel.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
I've finally decided that I'll be installing mine rather than going with a retuned ECU. Simply for the cost saving. I have the A'PEXi stand, and will be installing it in front of my (non existent) ashtray using the stand.

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
afc_guages.jpg

Temporary install position for my AFC Neo, I've got a stand on the way with a fiberglass mount planned for the end game.
Button illumination has also since been changed to red. :)

Top Bottom