Got me a 7gee

G

Unregistered
what a steal! and its in VIC!

lit bit of work involved to get it all up to scratch. if you need parts..... and your in vic i guess, pick pay n go wreakers on heatherdale rd have a complete 94 HJ in the yard untouchd~!

... if you need a hand repairing.. give us shout.

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Doesn't look like there's to much wrong with it, but looks can be deceiving.
Strip all the bent bits off it and see how you stand. Doesn't look as if the engine got hit. Needs a new radiator of course. Hopefully it shouldn't cost you to much to get it back on the road. Nicely done.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
you can get replacement radiator support from ozeparts.com.au

as well as new headlights, indicators and probably panels too..

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
unfortunately with most brande new stuff.. you'll have to pay for a premium price..

G

Unregistered
lol ... no shit!!!

.. why would you pay top dollar for the same stuff which is at the wreckers at bargain prices.

well if you have money to burn .. by all means burn it. lol

karl_2ltgc

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Karl
Drive
Galant
Gass - what colour is the car? v6?
There is a wrecker just about 5 mins from my place that have a HJ 4 cylinder(not a self serve). I figure i would get bits from them. here is a list of what they quoted me for bits.
$120 - bonnet
$110- bumper
$60- headlight
$75-gaurd
$15-grille

so $380 just there, plus a radiator and a radiator support. I'l proably paint it myself, or i might just prep it an get a guy i know to do it.

Will this pick n pay joint be much cheaper do you think?

Anyone know if the 4 an v6 radiators are the same...im guessing they probably are knowing mitsubishi.

I plan on pulling all the front end off an seeing what it looks like(got too much work at uni at the moment), i figure i should be able to straighten the bumper supports with a little persuasion(hammer) and get all replacement bit for it.

Then its just some paint, give it a once over and a service, rw and pay rego. I figure i should have it onroad with rego for approx 2k, maybe with a little change.

ALso i have some 18" rims off my old car that should fi sweet, there gold 10 spoke with a polished rim 4x114.3 7.5"wide and +35 offset. They have 225/40's(or maybe 45) on them at the moment.

G

Unregistered
hey karl,

Ive just been down to check out that HJ,

The colour is dark blue and its 4 cylinder.

Its still has the whole front of the car in tac including radiator support..
I didnt get a good look at the prices but all i know is that bonnets and boots are $50 coz i had to get one last year.

I highly doubt that you will find a v6 galant in the emerald green (G35n) (same colour as ur car)
, If i were you, buy the paint and paint it your self, youd save some money, but as you don't have the time...probs a panel beater would be the way to go.

I am sure the radiator support for the 4 & 6 cylinder HJ are similar, but ... the v6 have thermal fans on the radiator, so thats something you will need to look into.

Yea, its probably best you pull apart that front end and just check for any other damage t
that isnt visible, if you do it all right now, you will save some hassle in the future...

For the record, how did the damage occur?

So is the HJ at ur place now or...... ?

cheers

karl_2ltgc

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Karl
Drive
Galant
Yea hj is out front of my place atm.
Damaged was from running into the back of another car. There was a green arrow an the guy was following behind the car infront who stopped suddenly when someone ran a red.

karl_2ltgc

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Karl
Drive
Galant
Well here are some pics i took this morning after pulling all the broken bits off it. Looks like im gonna need to bash the corner of the car behind the headlight straight, cut out the radiator support panel an weld in a new one, then it should just fit back together with a new bumper, bonnet, gaurd, grille, bonnet latch, headlight, radiator and indicator.

The air con condensor is bent but im not sure it is has actually sprung a leak or if it worked in the first place so i will probably bend it back by hand and if air con dont work il get another one.

Top Bottom