March 11 2012 Cruise to Kiama

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Ok guys I've had some time to plot out a course, so here goes;

The NSW branch of OZVR4 will be taking part in their first cruise for 2012!

This time it's a south coast run from Sydney;

MEET POINT:

Bicentennial Park, Homebush. Here it is on Google Maps;
Untitled1.jpg

To be more precise, we normally park our cars at the rear of the park, indicated as thus;
Untitled2-1.jpg

Please be there by 10am, as we've got a fair day ahead of us.
From there, we'll just head straight down King Georges Road without fussing about to make our way to the Royal National Park. We'll cruise through there on towards Stanwell Park or some photo opportunites on the hill there looking south (very nice).
The rough route is along the following;
Untitled3-1.jpg

From Stanwell Park, we'll follow the coast as much as we can to reach Kiama, which is our destination for the day;
Untitled4.jpg

Here we should be able to grab some cool photos with the lighthouse etc, plus there's some tasty ice cream shops around (lol).
In terms of lunch, I haven't really thought about, so if someone knows maybe a good pub on the coast or we just wing it along the way. I know there were some decent pubs just north of the Gong so I'll do some looking into it.

Once we're done at Kiama, I was thinking of heading back to Sydney via Macquarie Pass & Bowral/Mittagong;
Untitled5.jpg

This is a fair run & should give us a workout, barring any knobs on the road.
Once we pass Mittagong, it's basically just the highway until we reach Sydney again.
Once we're back in town, I was thinking of a demob at the Maccas on Orange Grove Road at Warwick Farm. This is on a homemakers centre so has plenty of parking for a last getogether & a chinwag.
After that, the Sydney boys can go their own way & rest of us can cruise together home to the central coast or stick with me to Newcastle.

All in all, it'll be a full day out! Apparently it costs $11 per car to enter the National Park, so if we don't want to do that, then we just blast down the F6 & take the Lawrence Hargreave Drive exit to Stanwell Park.

How does that sound? :)
Let me know if you've got any suggestions or tips!

Shamwow

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
Commodore (dont hate, its for work) & MY16 WRX Premium
Sounds like a plan, is that meeting point at homebush the same one we used for ajd?

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
I'm in Brad...I reckon the Newy and CC boys met at the ourimbah rest stop at 8.30am for a 9.00am depature...

If anyone from Newy is coming along we can meet at the shell on Thomas street, wallsed and then directly get on to the F3 from there...Meet at 7.45am sharp so we can be at the ourimbah rest stop on time...

mcs

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
1997 Galant VR-4
Wish i had a galant already good trip, but on the way back id prob go even further and hit kangaroo valley.

Cheers Mark

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
Wish i had a galant already good trip, but on the way back id prob go even further and hit kangaroo valley.

Cheers Mark

There's already been a Kangaroo Valley run, this one is a little different. Plus, some of us have a fair whack of a drive back home afterwards & it's a Sunday so can't be too late.

More than welcome to come to the meet up at Homebush & check us out.

mcs

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
1997 Galant VR-4
hahaha i should, someone should give me a spin to get the idea :).

Paul

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Paul Reid
Drive
Legnum vr4
I'm there for sure!! Aamir don't forget the steering wheel thanks!!

leggei007

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jeff Stewart
Drive
88 Astra turbo n 2012 Holden Cruze diesel hatch
Im in too.... can't wait to give my car a decent run

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
Anyone else going to this???? Where are you Wayne?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

So, are we all cool with the entry fee to cruise through the National Park or do we divert past it?

Also, I'm ordering some merchandise from Wes (trounced). Is there anyone else who wants to get an order in & we can get it shipped to my address in SYdney & hand them out on the cruise day.

Shamwow

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
Commodore (dont hate, its for work) & MY16 WRX Premium
ozvr4 stickers!!! :)
Also, i think my cousin is coming with his mate in a leggie, i tried to find out if he is on here, but he didnt know.. and possibly my mate coming with his fixer-upper r32

Emu

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Wayne
Drive
1999 Galant VR4 1993 HJ V6
I'm in. Kiama here we come.

casuarina26

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Phil
Drive
2010 Skoda Octavia vRS 125TDI, 02 Hyundai Elantra
Galant was been Sold
Anyone else going to this???? Where are you Wayne?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

So, are we all cool with the entry fee to cruise through the National Park or do we divert past it?

Also, I'm ordering some merchandise from Wes (trounced). Is there anyone else who wants to get an order in & we can get it shipped to my address in SYdney & hand them out on the cruise day.

some OZVR4 Stickers

My son in his Magna said he is coming

Top Bottom