Mitsubishi RVR

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
That's actually quite refreshing. So many cars coming out now with no manual option.

All jokes aside, I just can't understand how "car people" can prefer driving an auto over a manual. It just doesn't compute!

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
As far as i know they can. Send one of the importers an email

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
im not sure on fuel consumption of the non turbo but i was told that the turbo ones drank fuel from 16 to 24 ltrs a 100.

when i was looking at the Legnum my mechanic warned me what the rvr was like because he thought the legnum might be the same im glad it isnt but just watch them they seem a bit of a dog.

i say keep the legnum it would have more room and be a nicer driver.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Yea not sure on the fuel use. Spoke to a guy last night & he said it gets around 8L on the highway. This is the non turbo.
Official ratings are about 11L for the Turbo, about 8-9 for the NA.
There is also a diesel version too, but I'm struggling to find any information about it. No idea what engine it uses or the fuel use.
I can budget my fuel use much easier by using diesel rather than the volatile pricing of petrol. I'm back up to paying $1.40-odd a litre again & with all the driving I'm doing it's just burning a hole in the backpocket. Plus the maintenance as I'm doing so many k's the car is getting serviced pretty much every 6 weeks.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
So are these actually quick or what?

p1100620.jpg

101_0117.JPG

101_0121.JPG

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
I reckon they wouldn't be slow. Quick at least compared to similar cars of its ilk.

Just found that the diesel engine is a 4d68.

EDIT - This engine seems to also be used in a Galant ? EA6A ?

sexspecvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
ADAM
Drive
GALANT VR4
i had one of thease things and there fast! but they havee problems with the crank 7 bolt crank in the 4g63s are shite. they dont handle corners and are very thursty on fuel. i traded it for my galant . wich would spank it every day of the week!!!!

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
They have the aerodynamics of a wind sail though..... So do drag cars I guess lol

Top Bottom