Mitsubishi RVR

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
That would be so awesome! I love the idea of a people mover that can shred unsuspecting sports cars...

Needs better offset...

van9.jpg

Was lapping around 1:10 on the initial 7psi 330ps tune. Runs an HKS 2530 & nitrous.

cyber_scriber

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Bruce
Drive
2000 Galant; metallic dark blue; manual; Recaros; Momo steering wheel; and sunroof!
That would be so awesome! I love the idea of a people mover that can shred unsuspecting sports cars...

Derek.

Something like the attached and here?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEDwfk8EYR0

Almost 600kw and 700nm.

0-100 in 3 seconds.

Top speed of 310klm+/h.

Brad, regarding the fuel economy of the RVR, I'm thinking it won't be good. The 4g63 is notoriously thirsty in the lighter and more aerodynamic shape of the Evo.

In something with the aerodynamics of a brick and that ride height, it's likely to be thirsty ...

Attachments

• Renault Espace.jpg
    Renault Espace.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 17

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
That time isn't that great, a stock Legacy GT in the dry does 1:08 or so. I've never seen a Legnum lap in the dry, but in that video we've all seen both the Legacy and the Legnum were 1:14s, so I'd imagine in the dry a Legnum would be around 1:08 as well.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
The Espace F1 is awesome... but maybe a bit too brutal for taking the kids to school and doing the shopping eh? lol

And I'd still love an Odyssey that went "only" as fast as my Legnum. I think Odysseys (the latest and previous shape) look great with wheels and a bodykit - they just need more power. And 4wd of course.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
And I'd still love an Odyssey that went "only" as fast as my Legnum. I think Odysseys (the latest and previous shape) look great with wheels and a bodykit - they just need more power. And 4wd of course.

Agreed, the shape is near perfect.

cyber_scriber

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Bruce
Drive
2000 Galant; metallic dark blue; manual; Recaros; Momo steering wheel; and sunroof!
Yes, I've never undestood why Honda only offer the current sexy shape Odyssey with a 2.4 litre 4 cylinder, whilst the prior shape came with a 3 litre V6.

Aren't heavy people movers more suited to torquey motors rather than Honda's usual high revving but torqueless small engines?

Even the current shape Tarago comes with a 200kw V6!

Bruce

*Yo! Vtec just kicked in!*

*What's vtec? Is that like when I turn off the a/c? Lol!*

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
The 2.4 isn't a bad motor at all really.

I'd still take the VQ35 Elgrand over the Odyssey though. If the stock 240ps isn't enough, there's always the bolt-on supercharger kits... Ultimate tow car?

cyber_scriber

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Bruce
Drive
Agree that it's not a bad engine ... in a more suitable package like the Accord Euro. Even then the Euro is a bit lardy for it, which I definitely felt when I test drove one.

In something of the Odyssey's weight, and after the family and all their gear are packed in, it's not an ideal motor. If I could choose, I'd prefer to see something similar to the 220kW 3.5 litre V6 from the current Legend dropped into the Odyssey's engine bay.

I'd love to see Honda weave their high revving magic on a large capacity V8 or V10. It will probably go and sound like a Jap Ferrari!

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Brad, regarding the fuel economy of the RVR, I'm thinking it won't be good. The 4g63 is notoriously thirsty in the lighter and more aerodynamic shape of the Evo.

Keep in mind Bruce that I'm looking at a non-turbo version, or even the diesel.

Even 12L/100 running 91RON is going to be better than what I'm paying at the moment for the Legnum.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
Scratch the diesel.
From research, it appears to be an old 8v SOHC thingy & gives bugger all power.
The petrol NA 4g63 is only putting out 10nm less than the diesel, & seems to get better fuel economy, though only from people's posts as I can't find official figures.
Chris from MEEK said the turbo ones fly & they're just like an EVO 3.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
Funnily, it appears the RVR diesels use a TD04 as their turbocharger. Might be a cheap find if they see one going for cheap or for parts.

I find the power output for the NA 4g63 2L surprising though - 117kw?

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
That seems highish for an NA 4 of that era.... Could be right though, its certainly not unheard of!

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
That seems highish for an NA 4 of that era.... Could be right though, its certainly not unheard of!

Indeed it was high Dawso, because they were quoting 117PS as 117kW !! :cursing:

Can anyone point me to where SEVS info for importing them & where I can find compliance shops ?

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Indeed it was high Dawso, because they were quoting 117PS as 117kW !! :cursing:

Can anyone point me to where SEVS info for importing them & where I can find compliance shops ?

N/A ones wouldn't be eligible for import anymore I'm pretty sure. I don't know much about them, but the only ones listed as eligible are the Open Gear (N23W) and Sports Gear (N23WG).

117ps is a bit pathetic. The SR20DE of that area made about 105-110kw on dud Australian fuel!

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Just had a better look and can confirm that turbo models are the only ones listed as eligible.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
Just had a better look and can confirm that turbo models are the only ones listed as eligible.

Where are you seeing this can I ask ?
As the N23WG can be had with NA 4G63.

It is getting confusing.... the NAs are so damn cheap to import in at the moment.

G

Unregistered
I had a 97 Hypersports Gear R with the Turbo 4G63 and it was a BLAST to drive....

Cons Being: Shite on fuel + it has a small tank so you are forever filling it up, it's only a 4 seater, handles as well as a bus on roids, hard to get body parts.
Pros Being: It's very roomy inside, good fun to drive, cup holders for everyone, mechanical parts are easy to get, AND............. THE BACK SEAT FOLDS INTO A BED!!!!

I'd own one again :)

G

Unregistered
Starting from 4K to around 10K for the NA and around 15K for the Hypersportsgear R

Top Bottom