Newbie Asking For Advice

G

Unregistered
Hey Guys/Girls.

I am in the market for a new car and have decided on a legnum. There's been afew that have caught my eye but have narrowed it down to a series 2 facelift model in 3 colours with either cloth or leather.

Currently, I am in negotiations with the missus to allow me to increase my budget so that i can get serious about this one;
http://svi.com.au/stock/manufacturer/114
1999 Legnum VR-4 TB
Black
Grade 4
78,000kms
AT, AAC, PS, PW, AW, ABS, Dual Airbags
Roof Racks
Rear Spoiler

However i've got a few questions to put to you guys, being leggie experts :p What's a 'TB' model? I know about the type s/v/super legnums etc but not a 'TB'. Also, with the standard features what would AAC and AW stand for?

Im also trying to work out whether it would have traction control or AYC etc

I've got some more pics if needed.

Cheers for all your help,
Steve

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
Hey Steve, welcome.

There is no such thing as TB, I assume it just means turbo.

AW is Alloy Wheels
AAC is maybe Automatic Air Con ?

It won't have traction control as the facelifts Type S don't have it, but it will have AYC because it is a Type S.

Nice looking car too, if you don't mind, what are they asking for it ?

G

Unregistered
Hi Hawks,

Thanks heaps for the reply! I've been browsing these forums for a little over a month or two now before joining up today and I must say that your's is certainly up there with one of my favourites! Subtle yet very stylish. Id love a white, purple or black in leather but they're hard to come by in decent condition (grade 4 or higher).

The dealer is asking a tad over $17k for it, its being complied at the moment as well.

Oh and thanks for asking my next question, whether it was a Type S or not :D

Cheers
Steve

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
yep, has AYC but no traction control (which you don't need anyway)

Thats a nice looking car, I'd probably go for it

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
17k is a fair price especially if it includes rego.

Can you talk the missus around ?

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Welcome to the forums Steve :)

Interestingly enough the first and last photos (standard ones from the auction house) aren't of the same car as the other photos - that car doesn't have roof racks...

Otherwise looks like a great car and I think that's quite a reasonable price for it... assuming it IS already here and mostly through compliance - if you have to wait for three months for it you may as well import one yourself and save a few thousand dollars :)

G

Unregistered
Welcome to the forums Steve :)

Interestingly enough the first and last photos (standard ones from the auction house) aren't of the same car as the other photos - that car doesn't have roof racks...

wow, good spotting

G

Unregistered
ohh another Steve :) Welcome to OZVR4.

Looks like a very nice car, and as people said before, $17k is a pretty good price if its already here and will have rego, and especially black. Its up to you or not whether you will sacrifice having leather or not. But for that price I wouldnt really argue, you can always put leather in later if your that desperate for it.

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
Hi new Steve and welcome. We sold a 2000 type S Leggy, white with cream leather and only 58k last week for 19k. So I reckon tell them you want shipping to SA and rego included for the $17,800 and you will have a bargain on ya hands

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
For 17k I'd say jump on it. If possible though, ask about a mechanical inspection prior to purchase just to make sure there are no nasty suprises waiting for you.

Damit Trev! I was gona say that...

ohh another Steve :) Welcome to OZVR4.

We're like pack animals arnt we! :p Bloody Steve's everywhere.

G

Unregistered
wow, cheers for the nice welcome guys! kinda makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside haha :p

the missus definately wants one so i dont need to twist her arm in that department but we were initally going to import one ourselves not only to save afew thousand but also to get one with the features we wanted, but we both like this one too.

in regards to the roof racks, good spotting! ill email the dealer and see what he says about that. thanks! ;)

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
I didn't even pick up the differences in the auction shot! :p lol

The exhaust and stickers are different too, the auction shot is a different car.

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
you might want to just check is this car already ready to sell or is it still on its way ?

allot of the dealers are selling cars as they leave not when they are already here

and if you want to find what you want it wont take that long, i was told i would never find mine in the combo i have and found it in 2 weeks so i jumped on it.

i then over the last 6 months while waiting for the plate etc have seen another 3 exactly the same.

but 17 is a fair price thou if its here and ready

G

Unregistered
The dealer is shut until tomorrow however he has advised me that the vehicle is here in australia and at the compliance workshop at the moment.

I've now convinced her to up the budget so that gives me a little bit more to play with so to speak.

I might wait for kristian (Iron Chef) to reopen and get him to do some hunting around for me and get one suited to our wants and needs. Im sure it wont be that hard to find a series 2 white or black one with low kms, sunroof and grade 4/4.5:)

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Nope, it's easy man. You just gota have the patience to wait and see what pops up. If you get a chance, head out an check one or two out in the flesh so you really get an idea of exactly the features you need and what you can live with out.

G

Unregistered
yeah that is what i was hoping to do, but there is literally NONE for sale in SA either privately or through an dealer/importer. there was one afew weeks ago for sale but i didnt get a chance to look at it before it sold.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Nissy,

There are 2 black Facelift models at Motorwell on Main North Rd. I went out there while on holidays (28th dec). I didnt get a real good chance to have a look (other end of town for me and I had to be somewhere) but you should be at least able to sit/look. I dont konw about driving though, they are at the back of the yard and the salesman wasn't the most helpful to me. But its an option ;)

G

Unregistered
Hotwire,

Really? Excellent. Thats about 15mins or so from me (golden grove) so i might pop down this weekend and have a look. Cheers :)

Top Bottom