Newbie Asking For Advice

G

Unregistered
Silicon - Ive sent him an email mid last week over the Christmas period whilst he was shut so ill give him some time to reply before contacting him again :)

Cheers for all the help guys! ;)

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
..Ive sent him an email mid last week over the Christmas period whilst he was shut so ill give him some time to reply before contacting him again :)

You and me both Nissy ;) LOL I think he would probably have a backlog of 100's of emails, so hoping he can reply by friday

G

Unregistered
lol - yeah same, if nothing by friday ill do it again :) hmm my garage will look interesting once a legnum is sitting in it. 2 cars, 5-6 diffs, 3 turbos and 10 cylinders :D;)

G

Unregistered
The two legnums are still at motorwell. i went to have a look on Monday.
After speaking to three different salesmen to get a price i was told
$25K and probably a bit more for the auto?? (they have 1 manual, 1 auto)
They then asked if thats what i was looking to spend. ...erm no

Anyway still a chance to go and have a look and see what you think.
Thats all i was doing.

G

Unregistered
$25k! eeek. i might go just to kick some tyres like you and then leave. damn thats expensive!

G

Unregistered
To be honest i wasn't impressed with the condition of the vehicles either.
Having looked on carsales at private examples $17k-$19k seems to get
you a pretty clean example. Guess they have to make a living as well
but the mark up is riduculous.

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
To be honest i wasn't impressed with the condition of the vehicles either.
Having looked on carsales at private examples $17k-$19k seems to get
you a pretty clean example. Guess they have to make a living as well
but the mark up is riduculous.

That is rediculous. As I said earlier we sold a really clean 2000 Leggy with low kays and leather for 19k a week ago. For 25k they would want to be as new, like 10,000k and fully optioned. Even then that would be a big mark up

G

Unregistered
2002vr4...do u own/work in an caryard?

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Jason (2002vr4) works at Sinergy on Main North Rd. He was going to take me for a spin in the Leggy he mentioned but it sold before I got there :(

And $25k! the car was average that I looked at. Body was straight but there was a lot of visible scratches around the handle and general scratches on the body. Kms were normal too from memory, NO WAY is it worth $25k.

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
Sinergy Motorsports website.

That white Leggie looked mint, I hope the new owner pops up on here.

Me two, I actually had Sat 22nd and mon 24th of Dec and it sold in that time so I know nothing about the new owner. If you have a look at the site and then click on Customers Cars it is in there. Thats where all the sold stuff goes

G

Unregistered
i wanted to go and look at that leggy as well a couple of weeks ago but was sold before i could get down there.

G

Unregistered
Haven't heard from kristian as yet so ill call him today and start the ball rolling, broker fee etc.

Before I do though, the last bit of advice i guess i need before taking the next big step is in terms of servicing and general up-keep.

How hard/difficult are these cars to maintain in terms of not so much the usual service but more so in regards to sourcing replacement parts like spark plugs, filters, sensors, driveshafts, pumps etc? Are they easily available through the local mitsi dealer, or are they special orders from japan or even do the aussie galant/magna items bolt on?

cheers guys :cool:

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
yes to all 3 of those, some parts are available from mitsi dealers, some are special orders from japan or NZ, and lots of things from magna's bolt on!

G

Unregistered
Nissy now that you have changed your mind anyway, I should mention my one concern with SVI was that when I first went there months ago to enquire about the whole import process (yes I am a noob) they quoted me $4500 compliance on a Legnum. That is on top of their $1500 or whatever broker's fee. Now at the time there were only 2 RAWS workshops in AUstralia that could compliance Legnums and they were both in Brendale in Brisbane so it is not like they could compliance their cars somewhere else. Kristian (Iron Chef) gets his Legnums complianced for between $3000- and $3600+ depending on the tires required and the non-standard bits that have to be removed for compliance. So SVI have some margin built in to their service.

I'm not saying it is unfair or unwarranted. They have a genuine professional setup with a real bricks and mortar shopfront and workshop. They help source parts and can help with servicing (irrelevant to you in SA). They also arrange detailing and dent repair on grade 3-3.5 cars if your budget goes that way. They also have some sort of guarantee that they take the car back if it is not as described/expected. I'm just saying you pay a premium for what would hopefully be a premium service. They cited the usual 6-7 weeks claim for delivery of the car so maybe they pay more for compliance to get their cars to the front of the queue, I don't know.

Now if you decide to import and you are happy with white as you stated then you can have pretty much any feature you want surely. 50% of the Legnums at auction are bloody white. You can't lose on features or price if you like white. Every other colour is a problem.

Sift through the 34 Legnums listed on the Trading Post website and go through the photos to see the options available and decide what is essential for you. Also the USS auction site lists features if you can nut out the abbreviations.

G

Unregistered
Hi Anthony. Excellent information provided there mate. Thank you! :)

G

Unregistered
nah i havent driven one as yet. ive spoken to kristian today and started the ball rolling. however im not really too fussed but would ultimately like to drive or at least ride in one prior. kristian has given me some good feed back and points etc between the differences in manual and auto :)

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
Lee (and Steve) I have an auto sitting in my driveway you can take for a lap around the block, although I'm fully booked this weekend - wedding tomorrow (driving the Wheelworx 300C if you know the car - on 24s! Hope I don't hit a pothole!) then a birthday party Sunday. Give me a call though guys, because I'm free whenever next week. Steve, I'm in Modbury Heights :)

Top Bottom