Opinions Please

Lateralus45

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Braithe
Drive
96 Legnum VR4
It's Meister Blue i Like Indigo Blue is a bit too... Um ... Black i mean seriously you cant even tell it is Blue sometimes.
As for the green that would be my second option but they are harder to find than the blue.
And yes i have considered importing still will be if this one turns out to be no good.
I'm kinda at a stalemate between the Yay I get exactly what i want, and the slight risk of failing compliance + the ..... wait. Damn Mitsubishi for not selling them here.
If i don't get this i will have to see if something tips me one way or the other

*Edit: And as you can see it took me 10 mins to write that. Damn these 11hr days.

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
There is a Fitness Green 5M Leggie at a car yard up here on the Gold Coast and it has 131k on the clock, i am assuming they know the rarity of it and the $18k price tag indicates that. At the same yard they have a Silver 5M Leggie with only 60k in auction grade 4B (apparently) for only $15K. I know which one i would buy...

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
It won't fail compliance though. If you want one like this you should just grab it.

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
Doesn't really seem like a bad buy at all to me, the k's are pretty low but it is a series 1 (i like that, but most like the "upgraded" series 2 :p). The colour itself would add a grand to the price at least I reckon, but it IS a damn sexy colour. It's not the cheapest Leggy around but it looks very straight and clean and I personally think thats an OK price for the condition it looks to be in. People have paid a bit less (and WAY more, check dealer prices ffs) for similar but as long as it's in good mechanical nick I would be very interested if I was buying...and the fact it's not modded at all can be a bonus, if you're looking for a stockie. :)

Lateralus45

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Braithe
Drive
96 Legnum VR4
and the fact it's not modded at all can be a bonus, if you're looking for a stockie. :)
There is that too i don't really want to get something that has had much done to it at all so stock is another selling point for me.

jet150

Anyone thirsty?
Premium Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
VR4
Do your research on the seller and the cars history. Yeah the Blue's a hot but make sure the car and the seller arn't lemons.

G

Unregistered
Braith.
Seriously if you grab it for $9K its ok otherwise bit of a wast ebut its your time and money.
Personally I would not go near a ser1 unless it had a sunroof and heaps of other goodies.
A stock ser1 in even meister blue is nothing special unless its a meister blue+manual+sunroof.
A plane blue auto is exactly what it really is.
There are cars going at auction in japan in good nick with almost same specs for $1000 bucks and I am sure it would get the car landed for around $7000.
Get what you really want so contact one of the importers as leather can often be sourced for peanuts from NZ and a sunroof can not.
There is a black sunroof leather 40Kms up for auction this week.
50014_002.jpg

Wont cost more then about $8-9 landed in OZ.
08186_002.jpg

Also this I think meister blue with sunroof+TV will be even less then the black one so why are you even bothering loosing any sleep over this boring blue one with nothing going for it.
31149_002.jpg

Again another mauve blue ser2 not meister I know but with roof and all of the ser2 extras.
I suppose this is why you ask for advice on this forum now its up to you to take it.
Good luck and hope you buy something that will have exactly what you wanted and no shortcuts.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Just to avoid confusion, Meister Blue is a prefacelift colour and Indigo Blue is a facelift colour. Meister Blue is a nice medium blue and Indigo is a very very dark navy colour.

Here are a few pics of my ST-R I was trying to take one day to show off the colour. Note how the wheels mysteriously change from Enkei RPF1's to EVO 8 wheels :D

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/uploaded/786/1204160008.jpg
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/uploaded/786/1204160071.jpg
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/uploaded/786/1204159976.jpg

And here is an indigo car with pictures showing off the colour very well, they normally come out black in pictures!
http://www.ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7489

Lateralus45

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Braithe
Drive
96 Legnum VR4
Update and inspection results.

Hey Guys Went and had a look at this last Saturday and had it Inspected By Tech///sport today.(report Attached)
Seems to be in very good condition only faults are a small crack in the front splitter and a minor oil leak.
I can get it for 10 with a rwc which seems like a good price for a car in australia already with these k's.
It does have a couple of air bubbles in the tint on the rear side windows does anyone know if this will cause issues with vic roads when i take it in to register it. I seem to remember someone in SA had them trying to scratch the privacy glass at their inspection.
Anyway Pics below

PA172194.jpg
PA172196.jpg
PA172203.jpg

PA172199.jpg
PA172200.jpg

PA172207.jpg
PA172210.jpg

Attachments

• Inspection report.doc
    32.5 KB · Views: 3

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Looks like a tidy car all round. PFL's normally have 20% tints on the rear and about 50% on the front side windows and on the rear window, so it sounds as if there are extra tints on the rear windows.

Lateralus45

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Braithe
Drive
96 Legnum VR4
yeah it definitely has 2 lots of tint. May get one lot removed but it looks fine from the outside and it is nice and dark in the back.

Top Bottom