Qlder's how we all going? - Floods and stuff

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
Everyone fairing ok with all the floods/winds?

We had a gum trees drop a heap of branches. No major flooding out my way though.

vr4cobra

1 AYC Bar
First Name
T-J
Drive
1996 Galant VR4
We are good in richlands, branch fell smashed the clothes line off the fence apart from that all good, out the way of the flood too... Just bout to help friend clear stuff out of their workshop in lower part of sumner park near the creek supposed to go under fingures crossed its lower then expected

Akys

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alvin
Drive
1996 Trigger Mauve Galant VR4
hope everyone and their properties are alright.

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
No power all day down here and not expected to return till sometime tomorrow

veegeeta

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
shane
Drive
fto with 6A13TT & bf xr6 turbo
Flooded up here for three days,looks worse down your way,good luck guys

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
sending my thoughts to all those affected...twice in as many years is terrible... hope you all are safe and warm.! Keep safe!

Rabit

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
2000 Legnum Mint with 44589ks when I got it. Now with black leather seats. After 3 years of fun some terminal engine bay wiring issues raised their ugly heads and it died. I Now drive a 2002 Legnum and have retired the 2000 to spare parts duty.
Was thinking I might have to put the motor on the back of the boat for a while and I cant get the car out of the shed because of a fallen tree, Wouldn't matter anyway as we cant get down the mountain in either direction. We don't have power except for the generator which will run out of fuel soon.

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
Was thinking I might have to put the motor on the back of the boat for a while and I cant get the car out of the shed because of a fallen tree, Wouldn't matter anyway as we cant get down the mountain in either direction. We don't have power except for the generator which will run out of fuel soon.
crappers dude

Abusive

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
2000 Legnum
I've been up to my neck more times than I would like, searching morons 4wd's and cars for bodies and all that, thankfully none inside. The next week or so will be cleanup for all the less fortunate poeple arond the district. I'm stoked the water has let up for now and had a chance to go down a little. You really have to feel for all the people that only just got over the event 2 years ago..... 'it will never happen again, right?'

Hope all the forum members are ok and if you have been affected, believe me I truly feel for you.

The Borg

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Daniel
Drive
2000 face lift Legnum VR4 manual
Been cut off for 2 days and only just got power back after 36 hours, other then this nothing bad at all.

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Worst weather to have to move house in EVER. Scary wind and sideways rain for days, new house solid as a rock thank fark. No flood, leaks or damage. Plenty of fallen trees and debris in Forest Lake but that was it. Lost power for a whole 10 seconds on Saturday night. All good.

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Stopped my car to take some photos of the river and some flooded bogans told me to "put the fucking camera away you fuckhead". So apparently its offensive it to take photos of a flooded river.

Then I left my lights on for less than 2 minutes while I ran into the supermarket to grab some 2 minutes noodles, came back and battery is flat. Time for new battery me thinks.

My guinea pigs did not like the wind and rain much at all.

Thats my flood horror story :p

Hope everyone else is doing well.

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Maybe they thought your magic picture box would steal their souls Fieldy.

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
Stopped my car to take some photos of the river and some flooded bogans told me to "put the fucking camera away you fuckhead". So apparently its offensive it to take photos of a flooded river.

Then I left my lights on for less than 2 minutes while I ran into the supermarket to grab some 2 minutes noodles, came back and battery is flat. Time for new battery me thinks.

My guinea pigs did not like the wind and rain much at all.

Thats my flood horror story :p

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Hmmm can't be right....the end of our road is wiped out in Loganlea with about 4 foot deep water...does not look like any houses have been affected but I now have water views over my back fence...time to tack another 100k on the house and sell eh !!ha

Rabit

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
2000 Legnum Mint with 44589ks when I got it. Now with black leather seats. After 3 years of fun some terminal engine bay wiring issues raised their ugly heads and it died. I Now drive a 2002 Legnum and have retired the 2000 to spare parts duty.
The tree across my driveway is gone and the garage is almost dried out, now I have to get the pressure cleaner going to clean out the mud. At 478m above sea level you wouldn't think that we would have a problem with flooding but we do on the odd occasion.

Abusive

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
2000 Legnum
I just got back yesterday from Bundy. Went up for a week deployment to get some peoples lives back on track a little. WOW what a horrific event they had up there. I spotted a Trigger Legnum a couple of times while I was there. So much devistation it's kinda hard to take to be honest but just seperate yourself from the sadness and it makes the work a little easier to get done.

On another note, I was lucky to be given the honor of heading up the fairwell parade in one of Australias biggest appliances, an American La France... which I then drove back down here. Awesome feeling to be given thanks from the public like that. here's a pic for those interested.

La France parade.jpg

I hope if you were affected things are looking up for you and remember things will always be all good in the long run.

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt :)
Drive
1963 Toyota Lite-Stout & 2007 Toyota Blade Master G
Wow, that's a Big. Fucking. Truck. :O

Good work Justin, it's blokes like you who restore faith in society. :D

Top Bottom