Reverse Lights.. Which One?

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Hmmm looking at that the people across the road clearly thought they could turn their garage lights off and use my reversing lights instead once the crees were installed! :lol:

iUDEX

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Gallant
Drive
Black 97 Legnum
hmm... put mine (the CREEs from the first post) in a few days ago. They throw down and sideways, not really backwards.
I've a pre-facelift legnum... I can't seem to find anyway to adjust their angle.

They're definitely brighter, but I can't really see what's behind me :S

Will have to do some further investigation...

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Yeah the spread is not perfect in a legnum as you can see in my pics, try rotating the globes the other way in the sockets, one way is better than the other.....

Still way brighter and better than standard though

iUDEX

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Gallant
Drive
Black 97 Legnum
haha it's weird because they through sidways and downwards... I can't see much behind me. I might have to play around with it. I tried searching for aftermarket rear light assemblies and I can't seem to find any.

I just got my front windows tinted today 35%, and the guy (did an awesome job, and super cheap!) told me the rest of my windows have actually been tinted aftermarket not factory. It's black as, and that's why I'm looking at ways to get more light for reversing.
He also said that they did a pretty poor job on the tint since the edge of the film is a clear 3mm from the glass. Is this true? uh, sorry slightly off-topic.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
i think the cree led bulbs are more suited to the Galants since the position / light beam is through direction out, rather than pointing down..

iUDEX

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Gallant
Drive
Black 97 Legnum
After driving at night, in the rain, with my new tinted front windows... I am selling my CREE 5W... $25 inc. postage anywhere in Australia. Otherwise, they're going to sit in the bits stash doing sweet FA.
I will not sell these to anyone with a pre-facelift Legnum. Because you will probably reverse into something/someone. Rotating them does nothing to rectify the issue. Not too sure if the facelift model will fare any better.

so uh, anyone with a pre-facelift legnum have recommendations on reversing bulbs?

I consulted google, and it's bringing SMDs with 120 LED's. Anyone know if there would be any electrical issues or other limitations?
http://autolumination.com/7443_7440.htm

Also the standard 21W incandescent outputs around 440-460 lumens (I did a quick search for specs of brands, which yielded all these chinese factories... but they had spec sheets nonetheless).

I did this search because of this: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/7440-T20...CarParts_SM&hash=item1c20c51291#ht_994wt_1396
which states 450 lumens (!)

urgh... which kinda means there's no real advantage... right?

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
the way i see it, try it and see how you go.. unfortunately..

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
that would be the way to go.. thought all standard vr4 rear bumpers have the slots?

slickd1

Wizard
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matthew Dundon
Drive
1998 EC5W Manual Legnum.
Anyone came up with something good fir a pfl legnum reverse light yet? I got some 10w cree q5's but as the others say, not as bright as stock due to the directionality. :-(

Top Bottom