Glad you're ok mate, +2 on buying one of Dawso's Legs :D

sart0ri

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Adam
Drive
2000 VR-4 Galant
That sux Tom, sorry to hear about it

KP: go join the Police, or mind your own damn business.

May I play the stern mother though & politely ask roughly what speed were you doing dude? I have gone around that very corner, from that very lane millions of times when I had my white Legnum (I was working in Talavera Rd) in the shittiest of conditions & never once did I come close to losing it?
(I'm not trying to say you're at fault, just wondering what the speed was in order to lose traction so severely).

smitty

Sm'arter than the aver'age bear...!
First Name
Alex
Drive
98 FL Galant Type S Manual, FG XR6, VY Acclaim, MQ Triton GLS
I know i said it on the phone man but ill say it again, so glad you're ok, and its a sh*t run of luck to have that happen mate. Such a shame.

Damn, two VR-4s down in as many weeks. I guess we should all take notice of this and be extra careful out on the roads.

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type S
Oh no Tom!

I did exact the same thing to my first ride... a Seat Toledo! I didn't hit a concrete wall, I hit an ice wall that was left from the winter! I made it 300mm into it (y)

Hope that brings a lil smile back in your face!

Just bought the missus a 2005 VW Polo, so if you want to swap your wreck with a Chrysler Neon (Prowler Special edt with rear spoiler and 17"chrome rims!!!!!!) let me know. :lol:

Glad you're ok!

Dave45

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
David Agius
Drive
2001 Legnum Type S
My heart just sank for you dude.
Definately was my favourite car on here! Inspired so many ideas to me.

Main thing though is that YOU are ok!
Don't lose your love for the Vr4s, I know it will be a while for you to get over this but hang in there bro!

Hope you'll still stick around the forums!

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
LOL dude Chrysler Neon? :p

Guys I don't plan on buying the wreck back, I have no where to put it, I have no intentions of stripping it down for bits and pieces so if somebody else wants to then go for it! It'll be too much more heartache having it here and pulling it a part.. It'd just be like ripping a part someone I care for for a lung or kidney to sell to somebody, not for me thanks :p haha..

Anyway, I wasn't going that fast as I was only coming from the traffic lights.. There was a volvo 4wd thing smashing it out of there and around that corner, the cop that was sitting behind was actually originally following him, not me! Just bad placement of something, I dunno, it gets bumpy there, had been pissing down for days, maybe there was a slick.. I don't know what did it, but whatever it was, I was 4 wheel understeering and I copped it when trying to correct it!

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
I'll stick around the forums, I love this place.. All other forums I've been on have been full of power hungry people, too much politics, and too dramatic.. This place is fun and friendly!

I won't be in another VR4 for a while, I'm going to sort out my loan and get something cheaper to live with for a while.. I want to make the most of this situation in a positive note, if I can, and sort out my finances.. Maybe get something bigger on the way like a property or whatever..

Dave45

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
David Agius
Drive
2001 Legnum Type S
Good cos I'd hate to see you leave! Great decision making by the way. You can always get a vr4 in the future.
Once again man my heart is out there for you. Hope the fam~ didn't get a big fright.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
I considered a 3gen Liberty RX.. also looking at a nice Civic VTI-R (2 door coupe), Toyota Soarer (both twin and v8) or if I want to go real low budget a N14 SSS (I wanted one as my first car but didn't get one lol)

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type S
I considered a 3gen Liberty RX.. also looking at a nice Civic VTI-R (2 door coupe), Toyota Soarer (both twin and v8) or if I want to go real low budget a N14 SSS (I wanted one as my first car but didn't get one lol)

You better go & see a doctor Tom! NOW... next thing you're considering is one of these Commowho... ;-)

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
oh thats terrible, i would be heart broken.

interesting to see how the cf bonnet was affected by the crash. they usually flex and go back to the original shape.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....

How about a 6G VR4 Tom ??? Might be right up your alley. Can get them pretty well priced for lots of bang...

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
That sux Tom, sorry to hear dude. Glad you are okay mate and all will be good in the long run.
Buy a retro Gally as in GC/GD, lol

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
Isn't there a HJ hatch for sale on here with that already ????

WANK WANK, don't buy wanker shit. If you wanna rebuild make it real and make it true

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
I want something completely different..

I don't want a Lancer because I want an EVO.. If I go for a Commodore it'd be V8.. My dad owned a HJ, and as much as I like the 6G Galant it'd be like above, I want a Series 2 8G instead! It just wouldn't make me as happy as having the actual model I want! So something completely different until I can get the actual models I want..

But it'll be a while before I get a new VR4 as it just won't feel the same :(

Top Bottom