RIP to WTF-70M ...but "spotted" on page 13

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Just saw this Tom, that's really terrible mate I feel for you. While I didn't do quite as much damage with my accident last year that's as close as I ever want to come - its gut wrenching and quite sobering realising first hand that with the passing of a single second you could write off something you've spent countless hours and dollars on, or even lose your life. I'm glad at least you walked away ok this time mate :) Good luck in the search for new wheels and I do hope to see you still kicking around here in the future :)

Oh and sart0ri, engage your brain before shooting your mouth off in future. There was absolutely no need for that aggressive reaction. That sort of behaviour will not be tolerated around here, mmmkay?

cyber_scriber

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Bruce
Drive
2000 Galant; metallic dark blue; manual; Recaros; Momo steering wheel; and sunroof!
Bloody hell Tom!

It's cliched, but the most important thing is that you're OK and in one piece.

You're still a young bloke and you have plenty of time to buy plenty of VR-4s and other toys in future.

See the positive out of this. As you say, this will allow you to clear the car loan and do something sensible like buy an investment property. Once that's all set up, you'll be back in a VR-4 before you know it!

Head up mate. You're alive. You're insured. Not a bad way to write off a car!

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Guys, don't worry about Sart0ris comment, or Brads, or anyone elses in here..

Anyway, thanks guys! Tomorrow I'll be going to the yard where it is being kept and will retrieve some things from it.. I'll get some pictures and I'll report how the Carbon Bonnet held up.. I didn't get too close to the front of the car to take a good look at it, there was oil and stuff everywhere..

I feel so lost without a car at the moment though! Don't realise how much you take having a car for granted until you lose one, again. Most of my driving I've been doing since having my car back has been so careful! :(

SupremeMoFo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Evan
Drive
MY01 Magna Sports
Lib RX might not be the best option after the 6A13TT. With coilovers and swaybars etc they're a delight to drive but, well, painfully slow.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Something completely different ?
Dodge Viper V10 it is then my friend :D

Did the impact set off your airbag Tom ? It looks pretty nasty for it not to have, & it sort of looks like it did from the photos, but hard to tell.

Those concrete barriers have been there for how long now ? I left that job in May 2008 & I remember them there.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
so a qualiy car, thats cheap, easy to get parts for, goes hard and looks even better?

nissan silvia maybe??

hahaha only adding fuel to brads fire

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
so sorry to hear tom, i know how devastated i was when i only smashed my legnum bumper and thought i had written my alfa off cause i drove it while it was raining.
i know everyone says that the sensible decision is to buy something cheap etc but you also just watched love the beast, at least get something fun you can love! doesnt have to be expensive, just a bit of character hey. id be missing too much if i didnt have a car i could work on and maintain

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Dude that sucks. Just imagine if the car had AYC :)

It may be worth giving the details of the yard to people on here. The Recaro's alone should fetch $1500 or so, plus there are various other nice pieces on the car.

G

Unregistered
Just got online here today. Glad you're ok and sorry to hear about you're VR4

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
I have turned my 2009 OZVR4 calendar to November in remembrance of your car Tom.

Emu

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Wayne
Drive
1999 Galant VR4 1993 HJ V6
Noooo Tom... Not WTF-7OM.

That's just unlucky.... Sorry to see her in that condition but glad that your ok.

I hope that we still see you at meets though and don't leave the forum. Love yoru posts. Get an Evo and come for a run with the other EVO 0's... (Sounds like the Liger Zero for those who know what I'm talking about!)

minik1971

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nigel
Drive
White 1990 BMW 535i was a Black 1998 Legnum FL (written off)
What a buggger Tom, glad you are ok. Also glad I got to see it in the "flesh" earlier in the year. Look forward to seeing what car you get next. Stick around the forum.

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
Tom, i'm gutted for you bro.
You finally got your car back this year only to have it crunched again :(

Please keep us updated on what's happening with your car. If it's a write-off, let us know what you chose to purchase again.

Just remember, there's life after the VR-4.
So keep your chin up.

G

Unregistered
:cry:

Sorry to hear the bad news Tom. I hope you come out ahead at the end of the day and you're not still paying for it in 3 years time.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Okay the car is a write off, it is going to Pickles Auctions in Milperra, tomorrow probably.

Also thanks for the support everyone, it's pretty shit, but that's life I guess, gotta get up and move on!

I took my Gizzmo MS-IBC, Sub, etc out today.. So I'll probably have some things to sell here soon if anyone is interested in a couple of random things!

The car still has the exhaust, wheels, recaros, etc in it if someone wants to buy it from the auctions..

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
:cry:

Sorry to hear the bad news Tom. I hope you come out ahead at the end of the day and you're not still paying for it in 3 years time.

That's what I'm trying to do, using the insurance money to clear my loan, get a small tiny loan, buy a cheap run about car that I can still have some fun with and won't cost me $60-70 a week on petrol and stuff.. Just for 6 months or so while I save up more finances, maybe do travel or whatever, and hopefully eventually get my property dreams underway..

Always more time in the future for maybe another VR4 or EVO 9 :D

Just don't judge me on what I buy next guys hahaha.. But it won't be a corolla or barina LOL

And LOL Brad, I was waiting for an AYC comment from somebody LOL

Top Bottom