Slow and Steady Peformance Mods and Results

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Yeah availability has been my concern, just happened to come available here at the same time I needed to sort out the Sard injector latencies so....

As for the creep, it will run more boost with the wastegates controlled so there must be some creep from 4psi or so....

Kenneth

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Kenneth
Drive
1999 Galant VR-4
Sure it will creep, pneumatic actuators always will without 3 port solenoid control. I don't see how that relates to your difference in boost with the muffler open / closed or with boost control though, since it is natural to get higher boost with boost control, just as it is also natural to have less boost with a restrictive exhaust.

Looking at the boost response curve though, that would be a different matter entirely.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
So there's creep, if there was no creep it would make the same boost or make no more with boost control, anyway, doesn't really matter, point is, really restrictive exhaust is crap and makes no power.

I'm thinking a pair of Varex's might be the go so there is still a chance of power with it closed, can't see it fitting easily with the AYC pump though, anyone know how Brad ran twin canons and AYC? Did he relocate the pump or just hang the canons low?

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Steve did the engine run fine with the varex valve closed? Wasn't harmful to the engine in a tuned car in anyway?

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
It isn't great at big loads for sure, at wastegate boost it was sorta ok, I was thinking I might even ultimately run a map with less boost (wastegate pressure would probably be it) and a few degrees of timing pulled out up top, basically a tune to suit the muffler closed and use a switch for the muffler and the input for that set of maps. Then a switch to open the muffler and switch the tune. Originally I was going to make an auto position and drive the muffler open based on duty cycle but it just kills performance even at low load. Not sure yet.Injectors are borrowed sard 650s and they're getting close to 80% duty cycle at full noise, I'd go bigger tbh, we all keep saying id1000s and that's what I would get. The sards are ok at this point but any bigger turbo and they'll be no good for e85....

twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
To those with the ID injectors, did you make a new wiring harness, chop and solder new plugs to the old harness, or use the plug and play adapters that they offer?

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
The other guys here are using new plugs and terminals on the old harnesses so far, personally I'd get the adaptors....

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
Beaten by Josh lol

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Sort of relavent to people concerned about running big number ID's- dont be. I know of an V6 in NZ with ID2000's and it idles just like standard. I'll be running 2000's in my VQ.

Schneider

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
David
Drive
PFL Legnum Vr4
Pretty sure we don't have EV3 plugs. Those were the only plug n play adapters.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
Theyd be close to their recommended upper limit for a2.5l though. But yes id's are awesome for droplet size....

I thought there were other adaptors than those, I could be wrong though

twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
Thanks guys.
I would prefer the adapters or to make a new loom, but we will see.
Anyone know what plug type we do have then? Car is currently a little too far away to look at.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
Thought I should post up the dyno graphs.... I don't know why I only saved the 98 fuel run with 198kW rather than the one with 199.6 but no matter. There was a 202 run as well but it got aborted as I ran out of fuel that run.

So 98 vs E85:
E85 vs 98.jpg

And the varex open vs the varex closed, both on wastegate pressure boost:
Varex Open vs Varex Closed - Wastegate pressure boost.jpg

Oh and just for laughs, highs and lows....

Wastegate pressure Varex closed 98 vs Varex open high boost E85:
E85 Open vs 98 Closed WG.jpg

veegeeta

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
shane
Drive
fto with 6A13TT & bf xr6 turbo
Interesting that e85 is. pitty we dont have it up here. As allways great work steve

Top Bottom