So this happened yesterday :(

Badger

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Reece
Drive
Manual Super Legnum VR4
Well I got the alarm out and everything reconnected. Car works as it should :)

Just cant lock it since my key had its guts removed to allow the alarm to control central locking
20160813_164003.jpg

craig

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Craig
Drive
1998 Legnum Super VR-4, Silver (project)
1997 Galant VR-4, soon to be manual
2004 Toyota Funcargo, Silver (daily)
Yep thats the result from mold, gotten most of it but everything needs a proper clean.

They're so comfy lol

Haha your steering wheel is nearly as bad as mine, want to do a GB for retrimming leather super bits

What do you mean they're comfy?? I swapped the recaros in my FL for standard red fleck seats and it was like they had been swapped for a seat made out of clouds haha.

Gav

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gav
Drive
Galant
Haha your steering wheel is nearly as bad as mine, want to do a GB for retrimming leather super bits

What do you mean they're comfy?? I swapped the recaros in my FL for standard red fleck seats and it was like they had been swapped for a seat made out of clouds haha.
I'm looking to do the opposite to you.

Badger

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Reece
Drive
Manual Super Legnum VR4
Lol so the no starting issue has showed up again. I chucked in the Walbro pump and it didnt start, yet after leaving it a day it started first pop last night but as soon as I touched the throttle the car died and wouldnt start again. Im stumped lol

Kaldek

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Ed
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Manual, Ford Territory family runabout, BMW K1300R.
If your car dies as soon as you touch the throttle (and there's nothing else you did at the same time) it sounds like your Throttle Position Sensor is busted. If it reported a massive delta in throttle position it *could* cause the ECU to dump fuel into the motor.

Sounds stupid I know and you've probably already tried this but can you start the car with the TPS disconnected?

Badger

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Reece
Drive
Manual Super Legnum VR4
If your car dies as soon as you touch the throttle (and there's nothing else you did at the same time) it sounds like your Throttle Position Sensor is busted. If it reported a massive delta in throttle position it *could* cause the ECU to dump fuel into the motor.

Sounds stupid I know and you've probably already tried this but can you start the car with the TPS disconnected?

Hmm sounds like a good idea, I'll try it after work and report back with what happens

Badger

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Reece
Drive
Manual Super Legnum VR4

Gave this a go and car still wont start lol

Kaldek

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Ed
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Manual, Ford Territory family runabout, BMW K1300R.
Gave this a go and car still wont start lol
Well at least it eradicates that as a source. I'm not sure what I would do next from here - I'd kinda need to be with the car to go through all the possibilities.

Badger

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Reece
Drive
Manual Super Legnum VR4
Well at least it eradicates that as a source. I'm not sure what I would do next from here - I'd kinda need to be with the car to go through all the possibilities.

Pretty much. Im the same when it comes to Family ringing me up to fix their pc haha

Kenneth

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Kenneth
Drive
1999 Galant VR-4
Next thing to check is the MAF. Car should run without that connected also. It won't run great, but it should run.

After that, check the Crank and Cam sensors. If the ECU loses the signal from these, the car won't run.

Failing that, try swapping the ECU. Its easy enough to do, so worth a shot - even if unlikely.

Badger

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Reece
Drive
Manual Super Legnum VR4
Well pretty much over this now, got water in one of the front spark plug cylinders, transfer case clunks now lol and its been nothing but constant problems, cant keep dumping money into this so have decided to move on. Been a interesting 5-6yrs of owning this.

So dunno what I going to do, either sell it or part it out. Don't really want to part it out since its all certed and what not but we shall see.

Ended up getting a completely stock standard 2000 Toyota Altezza 6sp manual for 4.5k. Good score I reckon.

GMan

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jet
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Good on you for sticking it out so long...I would have given up long before this. You got a good deal on the Altezza!

Badger

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Reece
Drive
Manual Super Legnum VR4
Good on you for sticking it out so long...I would have given up long before this. You got a good deal on the Altezza!

Cheers man, yeah the altezza was a good deal and it's still saving me money in petrol haha.

that's a shame. too bad your not closer to me or I'd be able to lend you a hand to get it sorted!

Thanks man, I would love it to fix it but I think I've spent enough on it lol

Bender

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
PFL Legnum VR-4
FL Galant VR-4
JZX100 Chaser
Oh gutted man, Suck to hear this news, But I know that feeling of keep on spending and finding more and more issues,

Hopefully someone will buy it and save it,

But if you do end up parting it, Let me know, I will be interested in a few piece and bits :D

Badger

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Reece
Drive
Manual Super Legnum VR4
Oh gutted man, Suck to hear this news, But I know that feeling of keep on spending and finding more and more issues,

Hopefully someone will buy it and save it,

But if you do end up parting it, Let me know, I will be interested in a few piece and bits :D

Yeah I would've kept going with it if my living situation never changed haha just dont have the money or space anymore lol.

Yeah will definitely let you know if I end up parting it out lol

Top Bottom