So this happened yesterday :(

Kaldek

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Ed
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Manual, Ford Territory family runabout, BMW K1300R.
And all it was was the pick up in the fuel pump/cradle was blocked. So cleared it all out and shes going good haha
So it sounds like a fuel pressure gauge would have helped reduce the time to diagnose the problem.

Badger

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Reece
Drive
Manual Super Legnum VR4
Thought I'd give an update on this. Cars been running sweet since I sorted out its issues. But as per usual more appear but these ones are easily fixed.

And I'll have plenty of time to fix them as I recently lost my licence for 6 months haha.

Time to save up and upgrade/mod the car some more haha

craig

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Craig
Drive
1998 Legnum Super VR-4, Silver (project)
1997 Galant VR-4, soon to be manual
2004 Toyota Funcargo, Silver (daily)
Thought I'd give an update on this. Cars been running sweet since I sorted out its issues. But as per usual more appear but these ones are easily fixed.

And I'll have plenty of time to fix them as I recently lost my licence for 6 months haha.

Just re-read the thread now that I've begun my own Super VR-4 project :D Oh no well you've almost got it back now, how did you lose it lol?

Noodlepiss

Alistair
First Name
Alistair
Drive
1997 Type-S VR4 Legnum

Happy to hear it's running mint as again, I have this car saved on my phone as inspiration of a sort for the direction of my wagon. :p

Badger

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Reece
Drive
Manual Super Legnum VR4
Just re-read the thread now that I've begun my own Super VR-4 project :D Oh no well you've almost got it back now, how did you lose it lol?

Heh I lost it for speeding, was going 104km in a 50km lol. Was playing catch up with a mate and he got clocked at 89km, cop was all goods about it too, let me drive the car to work and picked me up after work and took me home lol.

Happy to hear it's running mint as again, I have this car saved on my phone as inspiration of a sort for the direction of my wagon. :p

Yeah turns out coil packs dont like hot oil being splattered onto them when they are trying to work lol

Badger

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Reece
Drive
Manual Super Legnum VR4
Soon lol.

Got licence back today so started sorting out my car to take it for a wof. Unfortunately my alarm has other ideas and wont work. Cant lock/unlock, no flashy led indicator and I cant start it. Yay.

Its a Dynatron D7800, the remote led constantly flashes when I put the key in the ignition as well

Gt_Galant

EC5A
First Name
Fred
Drive
Galant
Honestly not trying to sound stupid but ive had 12.2volts in my car and car wont start and mine ended up being the battery.
If you test and swap it or even hook the car up with another using jumper leads/cables and start the other car giving your legnum some power, it might do the trick.

Im just guessing here that its the battery but I have a feeling it is to be honest

Badger

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Reece
Drive
Manual Super Legnum VR4
The alarms immobilisers is stopping it from starting.

I put in another battery and same thing.

Have power to everything bar dash & possibly alarm (since theres no flashy LED)

Reading up on the alarm it might be possible that its go into pin override mode...

Badger

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Reece
Drive
Manual Super Legnum VR4
I assume moisture has an effect on alarms? Lol

Edit:
Never mind, all internal wiring is moisture free.

Badger

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Reece
Drive
Manual Super Legnum VR4
Indicators and windows don't work, lock/unlock works on drivers door.

Now remote isnt flashing like before. I think my alarm has died?

Edit:

Had boot open so it didnt start the pin override. So with drivers door open my alarm goes into the pin override sequence.

Size1

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
00 legnum vr4
Thought mine wasnt replaceable until i dropped it and it split open.lol. it was on the way out too.

Badger

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Reece
Drive
Manual Super Legnum VR4
Nah thats fine. Alarm wants a pin which I dont have and theres no way of getting it and Dynatron cant help since it wasnt registered and its out of its warranty (by 7-8yrs lol)

Was planning on getting a new alarm installed, never got around to it lol

Badger

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Reece
Drive
Manual Super Legnum VR4
Turns out alarm is shot. I unplugged it all and connected what needs to be connected to start the car. Car started but the alarms turbo timer has deactivated, bottom dash lights are on all the time and the car wont turn off without pulling the engine fuse

Badger

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Reece
Drive
Manual Super Legnum VR4
Here's the bugger thats been giving me issues. I think this alarm came with a couple of different boxes, since the gps is in a different box behind the stereo and I assume the turbo timer is somewhere else since I traced back the wires and get get to where they are.

Might need to go to the extreme and take the dash out lol

20160807_164554.jpg

Top Bottom