Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
OK it was only the late FL type-v ..my Galant has it and several others have it =)

Badger

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Reece
Drive
Manual Super Legnum VR4
I guess I could get a manual ecu/ reflash mine with a manual rom and change my throttle body to a manual to eliminate traction control (from what I've read it works but who knows.) but then I still have the issue of getting it recertified without traction control..

Damn it, whenever I see the car now I'm filled with hate and anger..

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
I thought the rule was if it was OEM fitted it has to work, Unless it has been removed. Best to ask the revin guy about what yo do about it tho

Badger

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Reece
Drive
Manual Super Legnum VR4
I thought the rule was if it was OEM fitted it has to work, Unless it has been removed. Best to ask the revin guy about what yo do about it tho

He said that I can remove it but I have to get it re lvv certed

Size1

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
00 legnum vr4
Can you get a second opinion from a different certifier or are you stuck where you are at?

Badger

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Reece
Drive
Manual Super Legnum VR4
Download the rulebook. I think only certain things require cert when removed. Like ABS or airbags.

Thats what I was thinking. Im also going to ring Barry who does the lvv certs and see what he says.

Can you get a second opinion from a different certifier or are you stuck where you are at?

I would like to but the guy Im dealing with atm is being good and hasnt recharged me for returning after mine time ran out. Plus its either staying with VINZ or going to VTNZ and VTNZ wanted to charge me $800+ whereas VINZ only charged me $475. Plus VTNZ are a bunch of useless people lol

Badger

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Reece
Drive
Manual Super Legnum VR4
I've been thinking of ways to get around this traction control issue. Is it possible to have traction control permanently off and to have the switch only activate the tcl bulb? That way it would look like its "working"

Badger

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Reece
Drive
Manual Super Legnum VR4
Got the best possible news today. Finally got hold of the guy that did my cert (busy bugger haha) and he has said that traction control does not need to be certified if it gets removed.

YUUUUSSSSSSSSSS

Badger

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Reece
Drive
Manual Super Legnum VR4
Geezus christ. So can was running yesterday. Try start it today and no go..

Will crank but thats it.

Fucked if I know whats going on haha

Badger

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Reece
Drive
Manual Super Legnum VR4
Charged the battery and tried to start it twice and no go.

Pondered for a bit, took out a spark plug (dunno why as I only replaced them a week and a bit ago)

Tried to start again and nothing.

Then tried again and boom she started. The fuck is going on haha

craig

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Craig
Drive
1998 Legnum Super VR-4, Silver (project)
1997 Galant VR-4, soon to be manual
2004 Toyota Funcargo, Silver (daily)
The adventures of Reece's super VR-4, to be continued...

Badger

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Reece
Drive
Manual Super Legnum VR4
So car was running pretty rough. Decided to swap isc with the original one from my auto/tcl throttle body. Discovered the one on the manual throttle body was full of shit so cleaned that all out and put in the other isc and start up and idle is all good now.

Though now Im getting error code 14 Throttle Position Sensor System.

I've gone over it and tested with a multi meter and its all correct, so I dunno. Was thinking maybe its having a spaz at me cause I've removed all the traction control stuff but my ecu was reflashed with a manual rom. So I dunno lol

craig

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Craig
Drive
1998 Legnum Super VR-4, Silver (project)
1997 Galant VR-4, soon to be manual
2004 Toyota Funcargo, Silver (daily)
I had that error code on my VR-G once when I took off the TPS and possibly on one of my VR-4s too. Have you tried loosening it and rotating it a little, like until the sensor grabs or checking the bolts are where they used to be on the plastic, or check the idle TPS reading is I think 14%?

Top Bottom