So this happened yesterday :(

Badger

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Reece
Drive
Manual Super Legnum VR4
Well the wobbly gear knob was an easy fix, the grub screw that holds the bit for height of the short shifter (real technical term I know haha) had come loose, so some thread lock and done up nice and tight and no more wobbly :)

Badger

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Reece
Drive
Manual Super Legnum VR4
So it took me just under 2hrs to get the drivers side hub carrier out and the other one I aquired in. I also pressed out the new hub bearing that I had put in the stuffed hub carrier and pressed out the old one that was in the other hub carrier.

I think just under two hours isnt a bad time to get all that done lol

Now time for a wheel alignment and for the repair cert to get finished.

So close now :D

Badger

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Reece
Drive
Manual Super Legnum VR4
Im in Nelson.

So repair cert has been done, rear guards have been fixed and the car went for a lvv cert today. Didnt pass as there is a couple of things to do:

Gotta fit a support to the air intake system
Either raise the front a bit or roll/flare front guards as the tyres rub when you go over a dip
Cable tie one of the rear brake lines so they're not rubbing on the axle boot
Fix the exhaust leaks (cars been sitting for awhile so there are little rust holes)
Drivers window washer pops up so gotta fit it properly
Rear indicators glow white instead of orange
Align headlights

And they also mentioned something about my projector headlights which I'll find the info I need to prove they are fine.

So not much to do :)

Badger

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Reece
Drive
Manual Super Legnum VR4
Car finally went through the recompliance/re registering bit. And I now have more shit to sort out...

They found rust in the rear hatch lower seam edge, so to get that fixed results in me getting another repair cert for that repair.

They want me to sort out the AYC, told the guy its no longer there and he rattled off some bullshit. Probs just going to remove the bulb tbh. Though if anyone knows how to completely get rid of it that would be a great help.

And they want me to sort out my traction control. As it has a hissy when its not turned off because of the manual conversion. Again if anyone knows how to get rid of it/have it permanently off that would be a great help.

Sigh and I need to have all this done within 21 working days or I have to pay another $475...

Kenneth

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Kenneth
Drive
1999 Galant VR-4
No, abs is separate.
I heard a rumour that the ASC is controlled by the AYC ecu also, though as I have never had a pfl auto, I couldn't be certain. I do know that unplugging it does solve any issues with AYC.

Basically if you have ANY warning lights lit on your dash, you will not get compliance.

Badger

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Reece
Drive
Manual Super Legnum VR4
Ah cool as. Yeah yesterday I just pulled the bulbs and fuses so no more warning lights lol

Badger

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Reece
Drive
Manual Super Legnum VR4
Woo so I took the car for the lvv cert recheck and it passed!!

Yusssssss!!

Now to get the rust fixed and once that is done, take it for the recomplience/re registering recheck and Im done :)

Badger

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Reece
Drive
Manual Super Legnum VR4
So all of the repairs have been done.

Went to pick up the car and it wouldn't start. It would crank over but wouldn't fire up. So made use of my AA membership and got it picked up and brought back to work so I could see if I could find out why it wont start.

So buggered if I know, tried the IFS bypass thing and no luck.

Any suggestions? Lol

Edit: Car started doing this last week, Shane the panel beater started it up to do a shift around at his work and put it outside. It was extremely cold here and he went to start it later in the arvo and no go

Badger

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Reece
Drive
Manual Super Legnum VR4
I put in my other fuel pump I had and that made no difference.

Top Bottom