whats_doing

QLD Events Manager
First Name
Sam
Drive
98 PFL Black Legnum - SOLD
MY15 Hyosung GT650R
Balls.

Pick up a rolling shell for cheap and swap?

Badger

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Reece
Drive
Manual Super Legnum VR4
I dunno..

Im pretty devastated and now im starting to think of all the money thats been dumped into it haha...

The biggest thing that Im pissed about is the valuation, the mods and the fact that its a Super VR4 doesn't add into their valuation.

Kaldek

2 AYC Bars
Premium Member
First Name
Ed
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Manual, Ford Territory family runabout, BMW K1300R.
Same old same old. Modified cars have zero value more than an unmodified car from the insurers point of view unless your cover explicitly states it.

Looks driveable to me. Just buy a headlight to stay roadworthy and drive the thing while you slowly repair it part by part.

GMan

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jet
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Sorry to hear it. But yeah, the damage doesn't look too bad -- surely it could be repaired fairly cheaply?

Badger

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Reece
Drive
Manual Super Legnum VR4
The repair costs wouldnt be too much, the straightening of the chassis would cost the most. But then I'd need to get it re registered and that process and cost isn't really worth it :(

Badger

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Reece
Drive
Manual Super Legnum VR4
Oooh I dont think I mentioned that Im getting the car fixed.

So its pretty much all good to go, car is nice and straight and all fixed up

Monster bonnet looks fu*king awesome painted :D

Should have the car back either Monday or Tuesday so I can start installing parts and get it all ready for the certification process.

Going to be installing my bargain parts, brembos that I got for $450 NZD, Tein coilovers that I got for $100 and some other random bits and bobs.

So excited and can't wait haha

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
^ they didn't pull / fix them before paint & repairs? I assume not a full respray...

Badger

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Reece
Drive
Manual Super Legnum VR4
^ they didn't pull / fix them before paint & repairs? I assume not full respray...

Nah since Im going to be putting in some Tein coilovers and going to fix up the camber, get a wheel alignment then they are going to fix up the guards so its nice and flush.

No full respray, costs too much haha

Smurph

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Symond
Drive
1997 VR4 Galant PFL
Yeah man looks heaps better, I'm so happy, I read the post from start to finish so I started out really sad and now HAPPY :D

Just a quick one, Fiberglass bonnets are illegal in Aus (I believe) maybe not in NZ. But my question is did the insurer care or did you declare it on the policy??

Badger

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Reece
Drive
Manual Super Legnum VR4
Yeah man looks heaps better, I'm so happy, I read the post from start to finish so I started out really sad and now HAPPY :D

Just a quick one, Fiberglass bonnets are illegal in Aus (I believe) maybe not in NZ. But my question is did the insurer care or did you declare it on the policy??

Illegal? Thats gay, my bonnet was the most sturdiest thing in the accident, it bent inwards and popped back up unlike the side guard haha. Yeah I had told my insurer about it so it was declared on my policy

NuffNuff

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Damian
Drive
GTI, GTI, FL Manual Legnum VR4
i think thats the problem with the bonnet being sturdy.. like sturdy enough to cut people in half instead of crumpling lol

looks beautiful man

Badger

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Reece
Drive
Manual Super Legnum VR4
Oh havent really updated this.

So I've done a few things

Put the rear Brembos and Teins in.

Not a lot of thread left
20150207_184024_zpsrwaxlw3u.jpg

20150207_192830_zpsvswkbnoj.jpg

20150207_192800_zpss9dllzes.jpg

Painted one rocker cover to see what it would look like
20150214_134857_zpsl4slopci.jpg

And installed the front Teins and one Brembo caliper
20150228_183313_zpskxrwmssi.jpg

20150228_183349_zpsgptg3bl6.jpg

Not much gap, might need to raise it a bit lol
20150228_183336_zpsrvdh4tcu.jpg

Badger

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Reece
Drive
Manual Super Legnum VR4
So havent done much, managed to finally completely bleed the brembos, fixed some metal on metal sounds, raised it a bit as the tyres were rubbing on the front guards. Fixed my steering and wheel alignment (now to get it prefect (well as much as possible) when I get a proper wheel alignment).

Drove the Legnum around the block, was extremely happy and wanted to keep driving haha. God I forgot how much the recaros hold you, so much nicer than standard factory seats.

Got a couple of knocking sounds in the rear and the shifter is a bit wobbly so suspecting a worn shifter bush. Once I've got that sorted the car can finish its holiday and get recertified.

Im now excited to get the car back on the road again :D

Top Bottom