twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
Well I fitted my new bars on Saturday (took me 6 hours laying on the garage floor), but I must say, I am rather impressed at what a transformation it has made to the car. I have not played with the bolt settings yet, but after our SA cruise on Sunday, I was rather impressed on how flat the car now sits and lack of understeer (compared to what it previously displayed). This is on stock struts and springs.

I am now waiting to see what they do with srtut/springs on project snooze:)

G

Unregistered
That is true yes, decreasing the size of the rear anti roll bar (or disconnecting) will make the rear have more grip, but you'll have a lot more understeer.

Mitsi have got the ratios from stock setup fairly well, the car is neutral tending slightly towards understeer, so you should set the increase in the sway bars to be a bit stiffer at the rear than at the front.

I wouldn't disconnect either end, or both and take the car to a track, mitsi did put them on for a reason. It is HOWEVER very common for guys driving RWD cars to completely disconnect the rear roll bar to help them with extra grip at the rear.
Yea I don't like the sound of disconnecting them either but did try disconnecting the rear to see how it felt. Everything you just said is right :ROFLMAO:
I put I reconnected it ASAP after a little test.

Yea so don't disconnect them in the rain!

Well I fitted my new bars on Saturday (took me 6 hours laying on the garage floor), but I must say, I am rather impressed at what a transformation it has made to the car. I have not played with the bolt settings yet, but after our SA cruise on Sunday, I was rather impressed on how flat the car now sits and lack of understeer (compared to what it previously displayed). This is on stock struts and springs.

I am now waiting to see what they do with srtut/springs on project snooze:)
I have my new front links and tir rod ends so will do mine this weekend too.
So Rob what did you end up discionnecting on the front for access?

twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
Disconnected tailshaft, transfer case extension housing, front engine mount support brace, exhaust & a couple of lower control arms.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Think I'll definitely be paying someone to install these for me when I buy mine LOL

twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
Think I'll definitely be paying someone to install these for me when I buy mine LOL

That takes all the fun out of it, and all the funds for the next mod:)

G

Unregistered
The rear is on just doing the front and will have lots of pics of the front while I'm doing it and some more tips.

G

Unregistered
Swaybars are going good.
Rear was easy job. The front on the other hand was a pain in the ass. On a hoist would have been good.

The rear fits in good just in the middle it is touching just in front and up of the rear jacking poiint. Its not really an issue though.

The fonrts take a lot longer I tried to get buy without taking off the control arms on one end and failed, so had to take one side off well disconect one end.
I couldn't undo my exhuast as it still has the original cat rusted in so just lowerd the exhuast from all its rubber ancours and lowerd it a bit.

ONly thing I found the the front swaybar is the LH side looked liek it has been rubbing on something right near the tip. This was on the firmest setting. I then ground a bit off the end/sides of the end and seems to have stop rubbing as I put some more pain on the tip to see if it rubs again.

I also moved it to the midddle setting so that could of helped as well.

So far I've tested

Rear on middle Fronts on hardest setting = Goes great just a slight bit of over steer maybe?

Rear on middle Fronts on middle setting = Goes great too feels how it used to again maybe very slightly understeer if anything.

Would like to test it with all on hardest setting, maybe on the track day coming up .

Anyone else with them please leave some feedback with settings your've tried. Simon, Rob?

G

Unregistered
DSC_0355.jpg

DSC_0362.jpg

DSC_0359.jpg

DSC_0412.jpg

DSC_0401.jpg

DSC_0405.jpg

DSC_0427.jpg

DSC_0438.jpg

WEIGHT +/-

Stock FRONT=3.75kg REAR=4.5kg
Selby's FRONT=4.75kg REAR=7kg

G

Unregistered
My car has had a new squeak and I found out that it was.
The front swaybar is rubbing in the middle so I'm going to phone them up and maybe take it in for them to look at.

DSC00975.jpg

DSC00979.jpg

G

Unregistered
NO just a light squeak more so when going over smaller bumps, nothing on big bumbs.

twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
My car has had a new squeak and I found out that it was.
The front swaybar is rubbing in the middle so I'm going to phone them up and maybe take it in for them to look at.

Will check mine out when I get under the car next.
I have not played with my settings much yet, but at the moment I am running middle hole front and rear, and the car feels fairly balanced, but I have not been for a good hills run with this setting to give a true opinion yet (damn work)

G

Unregistered
Links purchased from ebay USA. For galant/eclipse. They do not come with the new bars.

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
** I put this is on the end of the orginal SS thread. Don't know if anyone has ssen it so i thought it appropriate to use here.**

Is it better- yep heaps but it really depends on what you like. As i said to Emanuel, you need to set them bars up to what you like. Try them on different settings and see how it goes. We've all got different tyres and that will effect it as well.

Try this.

front middle- rear softest. If it understeers go 1 harder rear.
If still understeers, go 1 harder on rear, if still under steers go hardest. If still understeers, go 1 softer on front., if still understeer you need to revise your spring rates.

Conversely front middle, rear softest with over steer, go hardest on front,
if still over steer revise your spring rates.

Hope that helps.

G

Unregistered
Just an update.

After emailing them the photo's of my front swaybar rubbing on the center hump and the LH end link being slightly too long here is some info I got back.

They took over the original company that made the desing of these for our cars and he himself did not desing them.
They had another Legnum in there last week this a similar problem I was having.
Seems some people have had no issues and some have.

He has now modified the front swaybar design and they will now be only 2 holes for adjustment at the front and I think he will slightly change the center hump where mine was rubbing and is sending me out a new front bar.

Pain in the ass is I now have to do all the work again on the front to swapo them over. Second time around will be much faster though.

Top Bottom