TD04s on the 6A13TT

G

Unregistered
Let me get this straight; you are running injectors double the size, with a GTO afm and throttle body, TD05 turbos and you're still only running the stock ECU with just an E-Manage Piggyback? That's incredible!!!

Are they high impedance injectors... I always read that bigger injectors wouldn't run off the stock ecu?

Thanks for sharing the info dude, I'm watching and learning!:D

They are low imp. and I don't have a resistor pack in there... for some reason they wouldn't work right with resistors installed, but they do work fine without them...

IMHO stand alone in most cases is like "shooting birds from canon"... e-manage Ultimate+stock ECU are perfectly capable of running most of the upgrades, while allowing for almost stock like everyday drivability.

Stock ECU IS a STANDALONE made by Mitsubishi, although it can't be tweaked... EMU solves that problem.

G

Unregistered
IMHO stand alone in most cases is like "shooting birds from canon"... e-manage Ultimate+stock ECU are perfectly capable of running most of the upgrades, while allowing for almost stock like everyday drivability.

It's good to hear that you can work out the Emanage Ultimate.

Cause I had different experience. I tried the emanage ultimate and also I asked my friend for a help and the result is still the same. can't seems to fine tune the emanage. In my country, there three type of gas, ron 88, ron 92, and ron 95. What I need from a stand alone beside performance is to be able to use the ron 88 for daily commute and ron 95 or racing fuel for drag strip. Somehow we can't fine tune the emanage using ron 88 because of lack of detail for fine tuning. Still getting a knocking from the engine. Off course when using the ron 88 performance is number 2 and fuel efficient is what we're after.

well I got the haltech e8 on hand right now. If the budget permits maybe a turbo upgrade. but if not, we'll try on the stok turbo. we'll see how it goes......:)

All the car here that has the haltech ecu on it don't have any drivability problem what soever...

G

Unregistered
As I've said before - if you feel the need for standalone - go for it.

However tuning for different fuels is mostly AFR and timing advance... I don't see it's as an unsolvable problem with EMU. We got rid of knock in less than half an hour... Put desired AFR - EMU autoadjusts. Switch off "autoadjust", write a log, adjust AFRs and timing manually, repeat all over again until there is no knock (hence ECU doesnt retard timing) and PS(HP) values are backing up the progress.

In the end, do whatever you feel is right for your car - if you've got money and experience to go standalone - go for it. :)

G

Unregistered
Well... ours is marked 98 but it is a 95RON at best...

Today ran against a Honda CBR 1000 (Fireblade)... :))
Two times, two wins for the Legnum!!!
CBR couldn't catch up even at 200kph... :))

Guy one the bike was cool about that, he came to take a photo and said "F**k... They won't believe it..."

G

Unregistered
valmes that is some amazing stuff keep the info coming very interesting stuff mate..

G

Unregistered
how good is the last one when the alarm goes off.lol thats wicked mate that motorbike got spanked..
good job

Top Bottom