Toyota FT-86

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
If you ask me, this is setup to compete with the MX-5 (except it seats 4), not half the cars you guys are thinking of.

I think that's the closest competitor but it will be a real shame if it ends up costing as much as an MX5.

G

Unregistered
I must retract part of my statement!

I was reading today that the plan was to drop the turbocharged boxer in? So that's half my arguement out the window.

But the same article said that it was going to be a low $30k car, which is dirt cheap! If these are made, are the turbo model, and don't change *too* much, I'm going to seriously consider salary sacrificing one. At the expense of the Leggy. For that price the performance potential is just too great to refuse!

Then again, if a $25k non-turbo model was available... I'd still want the turbo model.

I would be surprised if there wasn't a non-turbo option though for the reasons previously stated :D

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
I must retract part of my statement!

I was reading today that the plan was to drop the turbocharged boxer in? So that's half my arguement out the window.

But the same article said that it was going to be a low $30k car, which is dirt cheap! If these are made, are the turbo model, and don't change *too* much, I'm going to seriously consider salary sacrificing one. At the expense of the Leggy. For that price the performance potential is just too great to refuse!

Then again, if a $25k non-turbo model was available... I'd still want the turbo model.

I would be surprised if there wasn't a non-turbo option though for the reasons previously stated :D

Where did you read that it would be turbo? I have read a few articles in the last week that mention that the engine "can" be turbocharged, but have not seen any mention that it will be from factory.

Be careful with believing what you read, too. The Herald Sun article said it was the new Celica, with no mention of the AE86. :rolleyes: But then again I guess it wasn't as important as a mild redesign of the Commodore, and therefore wasn't deserving of any more research than "what was that old coupe that Toyota sold? Celica, that's right".

G

Unregistered
I hate the press. I can't find the article I was reading the other day (it was on a different computer). Now all I find is N/A engines!

Wait about 2 weeks and there should be plenty more information about it though ;)

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Here is the Subaru counter-part

Written content:
http://www.7tune.com/confirmed-bigger-badder-subaru-216a/

subaru_216A_587_1.jpg

subaru_216A_587_2.jpg

subaru_216A_587_3.jpg

G

Unregistered
Ah cool, yeah it would have been the RWD that freaked them originally. Just a shame it has a boxer, wish they'd give up on them already. I suppose it is a point of difference, but then again so is a straight-6.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
I reckon these would do well!

I wonder how the price would compare to the Audi TT and stuff? Looks as though they'd be in that kind of class..

2L Turbo AWD 2door coupe?

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
Drifters will be seriously rubbing their hands with glee - watch how long it takes someone to rip out the motor and bolt a 600ps 1.5JZ in one...

Top Bottom