Toyota FT-86

JRVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
2000 galant type V manual
i like the specs, but dislike the look of that tokyo autosalon one. The wing on the back just looks stupid.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Damn I think that looks so awesome!!

And the Race-Tracking system thing is wicked! Would be so cool to be able to buy a unit, do the tracks in your cars, then watch the replays in GT5 :)

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Its coming in a tubo version.... ITS COMING WITH A TURBO!!!

Lol

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
I like this look of it too :)

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
The Toyota FT-86 is regarded as a spiritual successor to the once popular Toyota Celica

Where the hell do they find these morons? :cursing: What part of "FT86" is ambiguous?

And the normal one looks a million times better. And I hope it comes with an N/A inline 4, not a turbo boxer.

yoshimitsu9

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
stefan
Drive
ae86 sprinter
im a hater

looks NOTHING like the original ae86, but does come with the turbo option which isnt so bad.

with it looking nothing like the original i spose it wont push the value of the originals up :(

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
I disagree. There's strong echoes of the 86 in the tail lights (the Japanese "redline" ones) and there's Levin in the line of the bonnet.

Stuii

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Stuart Lowe
Drive
Mint ass Legnum!
I just hope the series 1 gets an inline 4 turbo
that way the packaging space is likely to be there to allow a v6 turbo for s2 models... (crosses fingers)

still one day when holden get ingear and give us ttv6 there won't be many cars that'll be worth considering after that

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
V6??? NOOOOOOOO!

Although a stock V6 opens the door for a 6cyl-4cyl conversion, which is awesome because it makes Australians confused. I love SR20 powered Skylines, Laurels, Cefiros & 300ZXs for this reason!

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
I love it, absolutely gorgeous. With a price tag around 40k locally, that will be right up my alley in a couple of years when its release. Hopefully theres a delay between japan and Aus release so we can personally import for a small window of production dates, keeping Iron Chef etc happy :D

By the sounds of it, a v6 would probably upset the balance of the finely tuned weight balance but i didnt realise there would be a turbro 4 from factory, i expected it aftermarket though

would be a good time to get some shares in the watanabe factory too....

knickers

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nic
Drive
'99 EC5A VR-4 Type V
It's going to be a turbo boxer or at least that's what every article has said. A guy who works at Toyota has said in Prelude Australia that it's going to be in the mid to high 40s.

4cyl 2l turbo all the way.

cyber_scriber

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Bruce
Drive
2000 Galant; metallic dark blue; manual; Recaros; Momo steering wheel; and sunroof!
Do like.

About time Toyota rejoined the sports car brigade.

After producing so many fun cars to drive, it's a travesty that the most exciting car in their line today up is a supercharged Aurion.

Given all the press lately about P platers being magnetically attracted to trees and power poles, I don't like their chances behind the wheel of another turbo RWD ...

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
*twincharged, but still cool. I'd own that model

J-B

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
EVO VII GSR
There is still no news on Australian release dates for this. The BRZ is out in america and in japan.

For anyone north of adelaide, apparently Toyota is allowing test drives of the FT86 at their main north dealer. (I'm yet to confirm this though)

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
I want one so bad. From everything I read, it should be such a nice car to drive. Obviously its lacking power a little bit, but wheels rates the handling and ride as better then a porche cayman.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
So, I'm seeing news that it's going to be called the GT-86 here?

Plus it's reported to be pushing nearly 150kw from the NA 2L boxer engine?

Top Bottom