Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
I've never been targeted in mine, even with the mild low, rims and CF bonnet. I've gone through a couple of RBT's with the CF bonnet (1 was at night though) and they didn't look twice.

it's.simon

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
VR-4 Galant Type S
I dunno how I'm able to drive my car all times of day and all times of night seven days a week without any problems. :p Only been pulled over once for minor defect wheels out of guards. This car bears such a sedan shape it really goes unnoticed, it's great. Unlike a Chaser which is more or less the same but has so much more presence on the road it's hard not to notice it.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
I had more trouble with my stock facelift than my modifed pre-facelift's..... Go figure

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
From this thread you can gather that you will recieve little attention from the police. Provided you decide you don't want your car to:
1) Sound awesome
or
2) Look awesome

Requested

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joshua
Drive
1996 Toyota Soarer GT-L vvti x2, Legnum S2
I own and drive alot of 'performance cars' evo, mr2's, soarers blah blah and by far I have got the most speeding fines in the legnum. I dont know why coz I definately drive the others faster.

The legnum and mr2 are cop bait in my experience. My legnum is stock minus exhaust

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
2 Legnums, never anything worse than having my foglights on in daytime (force of habit when doing all the driving I do)

& the Super sticks out on the road like a sore thumb. Don't attract attention to yourself is my rule.

it's.simon

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
VR-4 Galant Type S
From this thread you can gather that you will recieve little attention from the police. Provided you decide you don't want your car to:
1) Sound awesome
or
2) Look awesome

I'd like to believe my whip looks and sounds pretty awesome...

fitted wheels, exhaust sticks out with twin pipes, loud bov etc?

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
People over react and the people worried about defects have probably never had one. I've had the car for nearly 4 years, and it's been as low as it is now for the past 3.5 years. Mind you I live in SA where defects are handed out to kill the bordom in Adelaide.

I've been through RBTs, pulled over once or twice for a random breath test, been in front of undercover motorbike cops, and they've never taken a second look at my car. In saying that, I'm always careful and aware where the cops are, to avoid doing anything stupid or avoid them if possible.

I think it's due to my car not looking too 'out there'. Everything on the car looks somewhat stock-ish. There's so many imports on the roads that are blantantly defectable, I just think the cops go for the easy targets.

Oh, and Pauly is just unlucky lol.

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
I think where you live has an effect on how likely you are to be pulled over also. Cops seem to be more present in built up areas like cities where as in small towns like where I live you rarely see police and when you do see them, they leave you alone if you aren't being stupid. We dont get all this baiting and RBTs rubbish like you city dwellers get.
Unless your a P plater in a lowered VL/VN commodore with your mates hanging out each window, then your pretty much fucked :p

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
I'd like to believe my whip looks and sounds pretty awesome...

fitted wheels, exhaust sticks out with twin pipes, loud bov etc?

Was merely alluding to the fact the lower / louder your car is the greater your chances of drawing unwanted attention. No offence intended.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
I drive past cops every second day pretty much (hour round trip to work each day), have not been pulled over in 4 years or however long I've owned the car. For pretty much that whole time it has been low & wide, and for the last few months as you know it has been low, wide & flashy looking.

I think the secrets are to keep the car quietish (mine has a full exhaust but the Fujitsubo cat back keeps it sensible), keep it looking cohesive like Steve said, and to make sure you don't go to too many hot spots too often.

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt :)
Drive
1963 Toyota Lite-Stout & 2007 Toyota Blade Master G
Says the bloke who gets pulled over in HIS stock facelift.... By attractive young female officers no less! :D
Touche... though to be fair I did have no numberplates... AND I sweet-talked her.

Damn she was cute :D

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
Previous: Black PFL Legnum
Current: TD5 Land Rover Disco
I got done one night the Surry Hills cops were patrolling the city, I only drove in for a mates bday dinner.
just by poor timing , one more red light on the way in and they would've never seen me.
that was when my Legnum was low(90ish mm off the deck at the subframe)
but they got me for exhaust (which was front pipes to factory straight through catback to ralliart rear muffler)
and they let me off on my balding front tyres(which I was waiting to be ordered in)
the Ralliart muffler has a massive tip, so that might've been the giveaway that it 'could' be loud(but really isn't)

veegeeta

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
shane
Drive
fto with 6A13TT & bf xr6 turbo
Fto with the legnum engine never gets pulled over(exept in a rbt when everyone gets pulled over)only had a speeding fine @ night time so they wouldnt have seen what sort off car it was till they were right there with me it was too dark so i wasnt really a target for what car i had.

VR4 6A13TT

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Shane
Drive
PFL VR4 Legnum
I live in glenelg and drive to town almost everyday. Always alot of cops at the bay saturday nights and my car is very low, not heaps loud though. Only ever been pulled over once for driving with fog lights. Cop didnt even look at the car and gave me a warning. I think 90% of the time it depens how you drive. I mostly put around the streets because it just isnt worth it anymore. I got pulled over a fair bit in my old integra cos i drove like a tool everywhere.

Kitten

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Jasmine
Drive
97 Legnum VR4
I've had my VR4 for about three years now.

I've only been pulled up once in it, and that was me being silly buggers on the motorway. Got snapped doing 116 in a 100 km zone. Good thing he didn't snap me earlier doing 140ish -_-

Usually I'm a nana driver but I succumbed to peer pressure from someone in the passenger seat. Never again.

Top Bottom