Willowbank Test & Tune 23/4/14

Rabit

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
2000 Legnum Mint with 44589ks when I got it. Now with black leather seats. After 3 years of fun some terminal engine bay wiring issues raised their ugly heads and it died. I Now drive a 2002 Legnum and have retired the 2000 to spare parts duty.
Just got back from Willowbank, Had lotsa fun. Had 3 runs, the first 15.9 with a r/t of .163 was the first time in thirty years iv'e done that and I forgot to turn off the aircon. The second and third runs were 14.65 and 14.67 which is right at what I predicted it would do. I parked it then because someone brought out a Nitro Funny and I love the smell of Nitro in the early evening. Photos of the occasion will follow.

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
The air con didn't actually affect your run that much, it just made it use so much fuel that you were lighter in the subsequent runs :p

Ozyvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Scott
Drive
2000 Legnum
Shouldn't the air con turn automatically on full throttle anyway. Does our Ecu have that feature.

Good work. What boost are you running?

Rabit

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
2000 Legnum Mint with 44589ks when I got it. Now with black leather seats. After 3 years of fun some terminal engine bay wiring issues raised their ugly heads and it died. I Now drive a 2002 Legnum and have retired the 2000 to spare parts duty.
Steve told me it was 15.8 when I had a road tune touch up last time he was up here. Our a/c seems to stay on at full throttle.

Rabit

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
I was thinking that mabee we should have an evening of 'testing and tuning' some time in the near future, what do you all think. Only costs $45.00 to have a go, you only need a helmet, shoes, long sleeves and trousers. Its great fun.

vr4cobra

1 AYC Bar
First Name
T-J
Drive
1996 Galant VR4
I want to have another diff lined up before I go down just as a precaution :p would love to break into the 12's

Rabit

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
Understood, the diff is why I didn't launch it.

vr4cobra

1 AYC Bar
First Name
T-J
Drive
1996 Galant VR4
autos are too hard to launch too much torque :p
when I took mine down first time was 100% stock auto with mbc 11psi did a 14.1 quarter with a bogged start

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Its been a few years since the last ozvr4 qld drag meet. If I wasn't trying to sell my car I would love to have a another go.

Scubasteve

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
96 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 Manual
Has anyone still got a copy of the videos from that meet? The one with you and I got removed from YouTube :(
Its been a few years since the last ozvr4 qld drag meet. If I wasn't trying to sell my car I would love to have a another go.

Rabit

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
Im going to start a new thread about Willowbank

Top Bottom