• Poll closed .

weeaazz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
james
Drive
legnum
i do want to,it would be a sweet road trip with a holiday at the end

the problem is i dont know how to ski or snowboard.i can wakeboard,water ski and skateboard so i guess i could learn fairly quick.but i can also fall over in all 3 and get very hurt,nothing worse than 25knot faceplant.

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
LOL, faceplanting the snow don't tickle much I can tell you, I'll try to have the video camera on you when you do, so everyone can share the laugh

Within an hour u'll be carven it up, with us.....

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
lol i cant do any of the listed items but im still keen for the meet.

Hmm fold down the seats there is plenty of room lol not enough room for 3 kids and my wife and I thou

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
1999 Legnum Type S
I've never been skiing before. Could be interesting! I'll talk to the missus and see if we can do it :) Lots of family birthdays and crap around that time, so gotta make sure first lol

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
But there's so much room in the back of all our Leggie's to just fold the rear seats down and camp there :)

Can vouch for that. Had to stop at Pheasants Nest on Friday night for about an hour's sleep .... was totally RS. Just jumped in the back, folded up a towel, & off I went...

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
I will have to pass on this one too ...

Snowy Mountains during winter is a little too hedonistic for my puritan lifestyle.

Plus I can't go camping either. I need my XBoxes & Wii & Dreamcast & my Age Of Empires 3 & my internet hehe...

kiwibstokes

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bryan
Drive
2000 Legnum Type-S
i do want to,it would be a sweet road trip with a holiday at the end

the problem is i dont know how to ski or snowboard.i can wakeboard,water ski and skateboard so i guess i could learn fairly quick.but i can also fall over in all 3 and get very hurt,nothing worse than 25knot faceplant.

Haha all good snowboarding is very much like wakeboarding, and getting your eye socket filled with water when faceplanting off a wake sucks bad,

Not bad at teaching snowboarding for those interested. I'm all about the snow, love it but guess thats whats happens when you live an hour away from the mountains in NZ...

G

Unregistered
Neither Sarah or I have ever skiied or snowboarded or anything - give me a taboggan and a slope full of kids to knock over and I'll have my fun! haha.

We could have another couple over from Perth at the same time who may be interested in coming to the snow fields.

Oh and I'm claiming to know first aid - in case any of Dimi's helpers break an arm or fall unconscious and need mouth to mouth whilst collecting said firewood... And Dimi - they better know mouth to mouth in case we do the same on the mountain!

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
LOL, Connor if Sarah catches you, there will be testicular seperation on the slopes...

The more the merrier, this could turn out to be a big one....

I'll bring the monopoly board, so we can play shotopoly, (Land on free parking and for every $100 in the pool you have to shoot a shot of schnapps) known to devastate many a player on the slopes.....

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
Camp out, sleep on the back of the car, late at night, ice storm comes in and Viola!! AHAHA

9462-14-cars-snowed-in-dug-out-from-pp-tarik.jpg

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
BUMP, guys can you vote on which weekend we'll do this, as I need to start making booking enquiries, the earlier I get this done the better chance we have of getting an accommodation deal going........

SEE POLL at start of this thread

(please vote for both weekends if your available for both)

G

Unregistered
LOL, Connor if Sarah catches you, there will be testicular seperation on the slopes...

Ah, you're making three assumptions there Kat. The first is that I'm caught, the second is that I have testicles, and the third is that they haven't been seperated already.

Waiting to hear back from her about which week her mates are going to be here. As a heads up for all the Friday Night run from Sydney to the Snow can be a bit of a traffic jam, and no doubt cops will be everywhere that night too. From Canberra to Cooma we'll have to be on our best behaviour through the hot spots. They're REAL tough - expect RBT's too.

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Argh, but there are 3 very very quiet back laneways between cooma and jindabyne, that I've never seen a smokey on that we use atleast 3 times per year during snow season over the last 5 or 6 years.....actually could count on my fingers and toes any traffic we've seen using them in that time

Besides the only silly stuff will be happening on the slopes, not on the roads, its a Family Friendly event......:bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

Was also hoping to have everyone rally in Goulburn around lunchtime on the friday to get a head start with the traffic....... we'd buzz thru act about 1.00pm to pick you guys up

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Additionally anyone who need to hire gear PM me, I might be able to swing a complete deal, which includes hire gear / lift passes / accomodation.

works out a fair bit cheaper, but need numbers to swing the best deal.

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
I'll be there and may have up to 3 People with me (4 Total). I also have spare snowboard x2 if someone wants to borrow them. 1 old crap one and 1 good one (will need to find bindings though). I'll confirm my numbers when we get a date

G

Unregistered
I just realised...I've never even seen snow in my life!!!!

Really? Doesn't surprise me living on an island that's a giant desert...

Take my advice and you'll be fine - only eat the yellow snow.

Top Bottom