Calling all skiers / snowboarders / party animals

What weekend in August 2009 suits members best for Snow Cruise

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
G

Unregistered
What a cool idea, is there anywhere that we can actually drive the cars on the snow, I've been wanting to do some snow drive for a while now and I know my car has been driven in the snow in japan.

Any idea's on how much cash we wou dneed for the weekend trip?
Rooms $
Ski hire $
lift pass $
....$
...$

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
well we are keen on the meet but with the kids we will probably just stay at base camp or the bottom of the mountain and throw snow balls and slide on tobogins etc.

that way we can keep costs down and those that want to get lift passes etc can go up and ski down, i have never been to the proper snow fields but im guesing we can do that.

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Ok guys,

here are a few questions that need to be considered,

Accommodation:

What level of accommodation do we want/need

Dorm accommodation?? (from $40pp/pn)
Chalet?? (we could rent a chalet for the weekend and bring sleeping bags - families get rooms because of kids, then couples and all the singles get floor space in living areas) dependent on Chalet size (from $2200 for the weekend - 6 double bedroom up to $4500 for the weekend depending on location)
Motel (from $220pn twin share depending on location)
B&B's (from $400pn twin share)
Camping (from $20 per site or $35 per powered site)
Other ($$$$????)

Chalet works really well for large groups because of savings with food and booze if we self cater.....

Where we stay in relation to the slopes

all these impact the costs

Ski Gear:

Do you have your own

Do you need to hire everything???? Estimated Costs is $140 for weekend

Lift Passes:

2 Day Adult Lift passes are around $200ish
2 Day Childrens Lift passes are around $85ish (Kidz under 5 are free)

These prices are an average dependent of which ski field we use, they're all fairily similiar in pricing......

If we have 30+ people in our group and we all take Accommodation and Lift pass deal we get a 25% discount plus the same discount on all hire gear for those who don't have the gear...... if we have 40+ people we get further discounts.

So what we really need to decide first is what type of accommodation and where in relation to the fields we stay..... Once we can get that booked and squared away then the rest of the pricing is fairly straight forward and clear.

I cant give you an indication of exact costs till we decide on the above......

Plus National Parks Entrance Fee of $27 per day per car

I have 8 people in my group and we're happy stay at what level of comfort works best for everyone

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
We won't be going to this one.... Sorry guys

(She said maybe if it were a honeymoon lol....)

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
/runs off to find WRX and a lebenese gang for support to bust open ATM's to finance proposition

G

Unregistered
If it's Dawso's honeymoon weekend I vote against Chalet accomodation :ROFLMAO:

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
So I assume this wouldn't be a VR4 event anymore but Dawso and Kirstin's Honeymoon?

If so, then I second with Connor not getting Chalet accom, AHAHAHA.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Lol... "Back on topic you lot" says the worst offender on the forums ROFL

G

Unregistered
Ok guys,

here are a few questions that need to be considered,

Accommodation:

What level of accommodation do we want/need

Dorm accommodation?? (from $40pp/pn)
Chalet?? (we could rent a chalet for the weekend and bring sleeping bags - families get rooms because of kids, then couples and all the singles get floor space in living areas) dependent on Chalet size (from $2200 for the weekend - 6 double bedroom up to $4500 for the weekend depending on location)
Motel (from $220pn twin share depending on location)
B&B's (from $400pn twin share)
Camping (from $20 per site or $35 per powered site)
Other ($$$$????)

Chalet works really well for large groups because of savings with food and booze if we self cater.....

Where we stay in relation to the slopes

all these impact the costs

Ski Gear:

Do you have your own

Do you need to hire everything???? Estimated Costs is $140 for weekend

Lift Passes:

2 Day Adult Lift passes are around $200ish
2 Day Childrens Lift passes are around $85ish (Kidz under 5 are free)

These prices are an average dependent of which ski field we use, they're all fairily similiar in pricing......

If we have 30+ people in our group and we all take Accommodation and Lift pass deal we get a 25% discount plus the same discount on all hire gear for those who don't have the gear...... if we have 40+ people we get further discounts.

So what we really need to decide first is what type of accommodation and where in relation to the fields we stay..... Once we can get that booked and squared away then the rest of the pricing is fairly straight forward and clear.

I cant give you an indication of exact costs till we decide on the above......

Plus National Parks Entrance Fee of $27 per day per car

I have 8 people in my group and we're happy stay at what level of comfort works best for everyone

Just so at least someone has replied properly here :)

We would do dorm accommodation, but as usual the whole snoring thing comes into play there. I KNOW I can snore like an old man, but magically in the past 18 months Sarah's never heard me snore... If a Chalet can sleep more than 10 then it's cheaper than motel's, but anything more expensive than a motel (~$250 a night) could be getting a bit steep for us.

Staying near the slopes would be good, although all I'm interested in is a drive, nice scenery, lots of talking at night and a bit of snow play.

Neither of us own gear, and I'd say a few hours of actual serious skiing/boarding would be for us, otherwise just snow play. I can't do anything serious because I have a ****ed ankle - hence why I bought an auto Legnum! haha. So we'd rule ourselves out of 2 day lift passes, we'd probably just go a half day pass - or just snow school for me :)

Hope this helps! I just hope I don't kill my car in Tamworth...

smileymertz

Crunching Gears
First Name
Kylie
Drive
White S1/S2 front bar 97 Legnum VR4
Voted and registering my interest for 21st August. K :)

And what suits us;

2adults 2kids. Own family room of some sort, dorm, cabin or motel.
No skiing, just national park pass and snow play.

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
we dont care either way i think renee has already voted so no need for me too.

we are more keen on the meet and a bit of snow play foolin around during the day and time to chat to everyone at night.

im more for the time to get to know everyone then the actual ski as such

happymatch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jono
Drive
Maza Astina 323, Merc C Kompressor
Voted and registering my interest for 21st August. K :)

And what suits us;

2adults 2kids. Own family room of some sort, dorm, cabin or motel.
No skiing, just national park pass and snow play.

same here at the moment

If there are anything we can help to organise the trip let us know Kat.

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Guy's,

Sorry been a bit flat out with a large app's rollout with work, and will be for the next few weeks, hence why i've been a bit quiet on the subject.

Based on current consensus this event will be held weekend 21, 22 & 23 of August, I will leave voting open for a further week for our newer members/slow coaches to have a say.

Really need to get definite numbers so that suitable accommodation can be booked, currently swaying towards hiring a National Parks & Wildlife Services Dorm thats 10minutes from the smiggins and 20mins from perisher, it accomodates 26, its has 5 sleeping areas 3 of which have 4 bunks (2x2) which would mean we can cater to family units, the rest of us can use the open dorm area. It cost $1675 for Friday, Saturday, Sunday inclusive, or about $65/person for the weekend. It has full kitchen, 3 toilets, 3 bathrooms. All you'll need is a sleeping bag and pillow for accommodation.

but before we can book this we need to work out how many of us are going.....

So come on everyone, I have 7 definites in my party....

Kitty's VR4 - - Kat-Nudge, Cherie-Matthew, Katrina-Ryan, Vanessa (7x adults) 1 VR4 + 1 Soarer [**CONFIRMED**]
Connor - - - - Connor-Sarah (2x Adults) [**CONFIRMED**]
Qball - - - - - - David +1 (2x Adults) [**CONFIRMED**]
__ET__ - - - - Emanuel- (1x Adult) [**CONFIRMED**]
Trounced - - - Wes-Renee +3 Children (2x Adults 3xKidz) [**CONFIRMED**]
Smileymertz - Kylie-Paul +2 Children (2x Adults 2xKidz)
Dimi_108 - - - Dimi-????? (????? Adults)
Kiwibstokes - -Bryan- (???x Adults)
Gorgarth - - - -Irwin- (???x Adults)

Wahoo - Maybe a 9x VR4 meet

If we go over on numbers that isn't a problem as there is a 12x bed dorm (in 3 seperate rooms) within crawling distance (next door), or a couple of us could bring air mattresses, so don't let the number already put you off, come on good op for a get together.

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
My wife is out I've sent email reminders to my friends so I'll confirm numbers as soon as i know

Top Bottom