Calling all skiers / snowboarders / party animals

What weekend in August 2009 suits members best for Snow Cruise

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
G

Unregistered
It will only be Sarah and myself - her friends have changed which weekend they're over so they miss out.

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
I'm now down to 2 people (inc me)

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Thanks David, Connor, Emanuel & Wes for the update

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
hmm do we have a definate date yet ?, looks like i wont be able to make it now if its on the weekend of the 21st :-(

just realised we already had something on that weekend.

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
I'm going to try another friend but if he comes he'll be a last minute inclusion

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
so is everyone ski ing ? or are some people wanting to go and just hang around with kids etc ?

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
All my group will be snowboarding, knowing Nudge will probably be jumping between ski's an snowboard, we were discussing spending an hours or so on Saturday and Sunday after lunch in the learner area with the kids, giving them rides (with us) on both ski's and snowboards, just so they get a bit of a taste for the slopes and so the besieged mums and dads get a break, also by the time you trounced up and down the hill dragging them and their toboggins you'll appreciate a break. I'd say the skiers and snowboarders will head off early to get as much fresh snow as possible, then the parents can get the kids ready at your own pace without feeling like your holding us up, you get to the slopes when your ready let the kids have a play, we'll meet up for lunch, then we'll take the kidz for their lessons & you can have a break, we'll return them hopefully unbroken and smiling around 2ish, we'll then have another carve session, generally by 3.00pm we're all exhausted and the snow is getting a lil slushy, we'll head back to the dorm to defrost / shower and start thinking about preping dinner. Dinner about 6-6.30, then a bit of suitable tele/movies / discussions / group get together. about 8-9 we start shotopoly, and crawl into bed once your having trouble remembering what the rules of shotoploy are.....

As I indicated in previous post's "family friendly event", if anyone has any other ideas for inclusion, speak up. Its all very laid back.....

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
Okay cool thanks Kat, also just had something that a mate mentioned, are we required by law to have snow chains ? he seemed to think it was illegal to even go up there without them ???

thanks

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Hugh is correct, not compelled to have them if car is 4wd/awd, we take them regardless and so far have never needed to use them.

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
okay so we dont need to run out to buy some good.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
My only time in the snow was when I had to pull over while driving through Austria & take a wizz in the trees !!!

At least I got to write my name HAHAHA....

kiwibstokes

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bryan
Drive
2000 Legnum Type-S
sorry been slack on this didn't see it till now because it in the NSW fourm and forgot about the PM plus also didn't know if i was going to have a car, however according to google maps its about a 7 hr drive from melbourne not 10hr like i've been told so tossing up coming, if i took the friday off have all saturday to board but would need to leave lunch time sunday... mmm tough call...

G

Unregistered
You can hire chains from any number of servos and ski shops if you REALLY want them. They make a truly horrible noise though, and you can only go ~40km/h with them on. Slow and steady wins the race :)

Let's just tie all our cars together, so if someone loses it you have 8 other cars to keep them on the road. Although the site of 8 VR-4's in a ditch would make the 2010 Calendar.

THE CALENDAR! :O

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Not Happy Jan

I received an email from Parks & Wildlife this morning, they have taken a booking for the 21,22,23 August, so No Accommodation....

To those who answered my PM's thanks and apologies

To those whose ignorred my PM requesting conformation thanks a heap NOT.

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
so what are we doing??

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
bugger that sucks, are we just going to move the date or are we going to go elsewhere ?

how many are definates ?

G

Unregistered
Hate to bump threads, but...

I have my leave approved for this weekend (21/22/23 Aug) - so even if nothing happens here we might head up the snow for funsies any way. Sarah's having to come back from Melbourne on a midnight flight on the Thursday so if I did nothing she'd be a bit shirty with me :(

Then again, Kat's probably lost all her money with her gearbox saga and all :(

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Gearbox saga?????????? :confused::confused::confused:

My party is still going, I just gave up on the idea of organising it, as I was getting fricked around by certain members in regards to the accommodation, losing the national parks and wildlife cabins was the final straw after spending hours on the phone and sending emails arranging it, in the mean time having PM after PM ignorred by members that should have just said I'm not coming, rather than just ignorring the PM's.

I'm happy to organise the accommodation again, but we won't get it at the rate we could have got it for, again I apologise to those members that did the right thing.....

Let me know what you want to do????????????????????????

I probably wont be skiing/boarding given my kankle, really depends on physio progress and how much therapy I get from Nat.

Top Bottom