Check Engine - Traction Control

G

Unregistered
Hi all,

I am new to this but had a quick look and cant find any discussion about my topic - apolgies if there has been!

I've just imported my Legnum vr4 from NZ. For the last few months in NZ i had the check engine light on and the traction control would turn itself off (TCL Off light on).
While in NZ i took the car into the garage and they hooked it up to the computer and got an error back relating to the Traction Control (I dont have the exact error code but can get it if needed?).
Anyways, the guys in NZ had never seen the error before and accordingly didnt know how to fix it.
Has anyone else had this before and know how to fix it?

The guys i took it too (Mitsi dealership) didnt think it would affect the performance of the car so i havent been too stressed about it, but not the check engine light is just getting too damn annoying!!

Please let me know if you have any ideas of how to fix it.

Cheers,

Pete

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
Crack in the Vaccum Solinoid....I have another post on here as I had the same problem...have a look with the search button....I have some pics in with it to..

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
thought the issue was similar to someone's.. hoppe you get it sorted out really soon..

G

Unregistered
i had the same issue... so i ripped the TCL out. :D

G

Unregistered
Thanks guys - Appreciate the help.

I checked out the other post and will check my car tonight!

Cheers!

G

Unregistered
So i checked my car last night.
Pulled out that vaccuum cylinder you guys directed me to, had a look at it trying to spot a crack, but nothing (unless it was like a hairline crack).
So i put the cylinder back in and since then, i havent seen the light back on!

Do you think with me playing with it and shaking it may have unsettled something inside of it that may have been clogging it up or something?

Either way, pretty stoked the lights have gone!

Thanks for your help!

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
You may have to just check through all the vaccum pipes that hold it on as well...just to make 100% sure but maybe it had just become unstable in some way..but goo to hear.

CANDEE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jeremy
Drive
1998 Galant VR4
Had this issue with my old leggie and would go away by turning the car off and back on.. Its the traction control valve assembly that needs replaced..

I upgraded to a facelift to get around the issue :p

G

Unregistered
CANDEE is there any chance you could take a photo of this for me?

To be honest i tinkered with the vaccuum cylinder as per previous advice (i couldnt actually see a crack in it) and it seems to have fixed the problem, but if the problem comes back i might play around with the traction control valve assembly!

Cheers mate!

Top Bottom