Engine check light

Tophler

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
1999 VR4 FL Legnum w recaro and momo
My check engine light has been on since the day that merlin tuned my car and so I went to visit meek ... very disappointed with his customer service and how he treats his employees BTW... we plugged in the MUTIII tool and it came up with Barometric Pressure Sensor AKA MAF fault and the two rear wheel speed sensors. Cleared the fault codes, turned the car off, back on again and the speed sensors came up with a fault again but there was no error code logged on the system.

Finally we took the car for a spin around the block to see if the sensors were sending data to the ECU which they were... all 4 sensors were showing the same speed indicating they were in perfect working order. Ran the diagnostic again and it said both rear wheel speed sensors were open circuit and the MAF is faulty.

Can someone please give me an idea of what could be causing these error codes? I find it strange that the check engine light never came on before I got the car tuned and then suddenly once its tuned it says it has 3 faults... Could it be something to do with the tune? Its a very strange scenario, my mechanic "AGM Automotive in Hornsby" (a very good mechanic who loves evos and vr4s) and chris meek both agree its weird and they've never come across anything as strange as this error

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Never had any problems with going to MEEK for nearly 5 years with 2 cars.

Why not contact Merlin & ask him?

Tophler

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
Yeah we're pulling the tune off and reverting to the base map to see if that fixes the problems tomorrow. I find it weird that the wheel speed sensors are showing a reading yet they say open circuit too in the diagnostic....

Size1

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
00 legnum vr4
Sorry but I went in there once to get some quotes and was also disappointed in the service and the way he treats his employees. I wanted him to put the car up on the hoist just to have a look even as a paying customer and an empty workshop he said what's the point and walked off. Made the decision there and then to do everything myself from then on.

Tophler

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
I find Pat Meek (the receptionist and Chris's wife) is great to deal with, very knowledgeable and very helpful... dealing with chris.... as my mate would say (who did his apprenticeship with him) is a germ

Tophler

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
I buy some parts from meek if they can sell them at the right price.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
At the risk of sounding a little self promoting, I'd be very surprised if there were many parts that you can get from traders on here. I'd be very surprised if your problem has anything to do with the tune though. I've seen a few similar issues to this with steering sensors and the like being the problem. If you get stuck flick me a pm and I'll give you some details of some helpful guys ( not us at the moment we're flat out already)

Tophler

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
turns out it was a problem with the tune.... a certain part of the ecu... something about 200.... the value was 00 instead of 01.... and that was it

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Lol@above

I'd guess that was the 2 byte load mod address, glad it's sorted!

Top Bottom