First Name
Nathan
Drive
97 COTY manual legnum.(gone)
96 GTO MR
S13 silvia
In case some one has fault code ABS 51
First check your fuses both in the cabin and in the engine bay
secondly check the relay the wires going into it are brittle and the insulation breaks off. (my fault)
Then check the relay itself.
If that all fine then I suggest going to an auto elec.

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
Anyone know what ABS 27 is all about. Says 2wd/4wd systematic detection switch but i have no idea what that means.

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
Can someone help please!

When in diagnostic mode:
The engine light flashes constantly
The ABS flashes but I can't figure out the code
The AYC flashes but I cant figure out the code

Video (no idea where in the code sequence it starts but hopefully its long enough for it to repeat)

If it's to confusing I will do it again when I get home tonight from when the ignition turns on.

I think:
ABS 21 Wheel-Speed Sensor (FR) System
AYC 21 FR wheel speed sensor system (short or break) (but not sure where this starts form the video)
AYC 41 TPS system (short or break)

I am assuming the 1st two are for the same sensor, but where is this and how difficult is it to replace?
I have no idea what a TPS is... Throttle Position Sensor? If so where the hell is that?

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
ABS sensors are on the hub, black plastic plug on the opposite side to the caliper. These can get dirty and read wrong so try and clean it first if you can. FR means front right.
TPS is your throttle position sensor yes, where the final intake elbow is before the manifold there is a plug, quite large, think its black and possibly brown. This is the tps, can replace it but again try cleaning it first. I have the same codes as yourself and none of them have ever caused me a problem so dont be too worried

vr4jim

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jim
Drive
1998 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4

I recorded my dash lights because i wrote them down, didnt seem to make sense lol so if anyone could tell me what im looking at it would be fantastic.... video goes for a minute not sure how long i needed to record

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
From what I could see in the minute of footage:
ECU:
61 A / T-ECU And Communication Lines (Torque Reduction Request Signal Line) System
72 Ventilation Control Solenoid Valve System <T / C-A / T>
ABS:
27 2WD/4WD Systematic Detection Switch
32??? Wasn't an entry on the 1st page for this one!
AYC:
41 TPS system (short or break)
51 before and after the G-sensor system (short or break)
56 Next G-sensor System (short or break)

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Jeebus that's a fair amount of error codes being thrown by the car?? Has it been doing this since you've had it?

vr4jim

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jim
Drive
Thanks VOLK i had got about 3 of them. when i took it 2 the auto elec they said the g sensor but not about the other stuff... and to king_panther it is lol TUFFTR had help me drive it back from SA from both of us driving the thing we hadnt noticed anything usual its just the engine light staying on tbh.. Paul aka TUFFTR had mentioned that the g sensor error itself could be tripping other codes... i just hope i dont have to start ripping out the wiring loom

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Np man. Just watched your vid a few times to make sure I got em right.
I don't see the A/T PRND321 lights between tacho and speedo indicating it's automatic, yet it's throwing A/T codes. Weird.

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
^ Joe, it's Dion's red Galant, which is a manual. Jim, if you've had the 7202 ECU put in that I sold to Dion, I'm pretty sure that was from an automatic and that would be causing the A/T codes perhaps?

twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
Do a battery reset, take it for a drive, and then check the codes again......

vr4jim

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jim
Drive
kinda wierd yeah.. cause i got traction control and vacuum solinoid errors from the auto elec even though from what i read pfl manual dont have these features... i did by another ecu from bogan bob. think it was a flashable ecu not 100% not very good with cars.... yet lol

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Nothing like JDM to make you a self made automotive electronics diagnostic machine ;) The crap I learnt as a result of trying to fix my idle solenoid issue...you learn fast or end up broke.

If it's a rom from an A/T equipped car then that explains the constant CEL and A/T codes. Reflash with a manual rom and check again?

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
Reflash with a manual rom and check again?

This bit, if you have got that new ECU in already. Double-check with Dion but I'm confident it was from an auto. Someone friendly should be able to flash on a manual ROM, don't know if there is anyone in Victoria though!

vr4jim

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jim
Drive
Done the battery reset..the engine light is now flashing constantly but the ABS and AYC lights are still going of.. ill read thru some other threads about reflashing and stuff VOLK

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
hmmm thats weird. Its not 100% clear - have you put in the plastic cased ecu that was in the glove box Jim? Sorry im not totally sure whether it was from auto or manual

Id expect this sort of issue in the legnum, not the galant :p Is it running normally - i.e. is it not lumpy idle, not wanting to rev etc?

vr4jim

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jim
Drive
hey, nah i haven't put it in yet...i haven't noticed any problems because im not an experience manual driver so not sure what to look for.. but Paul aka TUFFTR would be able to update you.. he drove the car back and when getting stuff the road worthy...

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
If you haven't put in the new ECU then there shouldn't be any error codes for automatic trans...Unless the 7201 ECU in it has been swapped in from an auto, but no idea why anyone would do that.

[TUFFTR]

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Paul
Drive
Mitsubishi Magna
Yes Paul aka TUFFTR has driven the car and it drives fine. I already told Jim this could be the case over a week ago (Auto ECU in a manual) First he needs to either get a manual ECU in there or get it flashed cause that's the only way this is going to get solved.

Top Bottom