bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Well try putting in the 7202 ecu and see if that solves it - i cant recall if it was from a manual or auto, its worth a shot

Gravid

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Dave
Drive
Legnum
Help appreciated guys... I’ve got AYC error codes 41 TPS system (short or break) and 82 Electric Pump Failure. Has anyone had these errors? What would be my first step to fixing?

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Help appreciated guys... I’ve got AYC error codes 41 TPS system (short or break) and 82 Electric Pump Failure. Has anyone had these errors? What would be my first step to fixing?

tps.. easy.. disconnect then reconnect.. unless your tps is actually buggered..

pump.. get a 2nd hand one.. :)

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
Hey Guys - I've got code 78 Pressure Accumulator Sensor System on both ASC and TCL on my car. I took it to Mitsu but unfortunately, they are unable to fix it due to car schematics not available.

Does any one know how to fix this problem? I don't mind paying your service, I just need to get this fix.

G

Unregistered
Hey I just checked for codes on my Leggy and everything was fine except for AYC which threw code 31 Steer Sensor (ST-1, ST-2, ST-N) System (break)
I just had the AYC serviced and they said it didn't throw any codes but if it did to take it back in to them and they would check it our for free.Does anyone know what it means and how or if it can be fixed? Thanks heaps.

G

Unregistered
There also doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the car when its driving.The AYC bars light up when I drive it hard through turns and there is no red lights and it seems to work fine.No noises or anything.I googled it and it showed up with the evoscan troubleshoot guide which suggested a few things but i have no idea what any of it means or how to do what it says.Has anyone else experienced this?

Heres the Evoscan link http://www.evoscan.com/manuals/Evo6/Workshop%20Manual/EV6_XE27.pdf
Fault is on Page 10

G

Unregistered
I seem to have fixed the issue by Making sure my wheels were dead straight, removing the top of the steering column cover and making sure all the connections around and behind the wiper and blinker stalks (I believe this is where the steering sensor is) were tight and not damaged, then I disconnected the battery, gave a few quick brake pumps to drain residual charge,reconnected and rerun for codes and everything came up sweet.Laughing for now.

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Ahhhh yeah, I recall Jonson mentioning something about the neutral position of AYC being set after the battery is reconnected. So perhaps your neutral position was incorrect if the wheel was turned slightly during battery reconnection prior.

G

Unregistered
Ahhhh yeah, I recall Jonson mentioning something about the neutral position of AYC being set after the battery is reconnected. So perhaps your neutral position was incorrect if the wheel was turned slightly during battery reconnection prior.
Yes it seems that it calibrates your 0 degree steering angle from wherever the wheels are pointing when you reconnect the battery.Have seen this problem weak havoc on my mates 33 GTR which magically recalibrates the HICAS every time he turns the Ignition on so he has to park with his wheels straight haha.Something to keep in mind anyway.

noony

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Paul
Drive
Black 99 FL
Ah heres what i've been looking for!!!
I've got a solid engine light...comes on about 10 seconds after starting the car...moving or not
hoping i can find out why with this

Can we link this from the 'How To' section or something?

noony

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Paul
Drive
Black 99 FL
Hi guys, I've finally got around to getting a paper clip...hahaha

I get a few errors. Ive read through this thread and have advice for 3 of the 4.

AYC
AYC 41 TPS system (short or break) - check TPS sensor, reset ecu

ENG
71 & 72, you have leak in your Vacuum canister

ABS
15 - Wheel speed sensor - Abnormal Signal Outputs...

This one im not 100% sure of.
I can do the ABS Memory Reset and see if it still shows up.
Any other suggestions?

Also, i'm mainly trying to get the permanent engine light off...its on all the time and stopping me from passing rego! haha
Hoping that the TPS error is the cause of this...maybe?

Thanks team!

Edit

I reset the ABS (i think the instructions should say pump as fast as possible? Took a few goes to get the flashing lights)
Reset the ecu.
All flashing with no errors. I'll take it for a drive tomorrow and see if they come back. Hoping the engine light doesn't come back on!!!

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Made datalogging cable finally, ran codes and found:
13: Inlet air temp sensor
14: TPS
22: Crank angle sensor
25: Barometric pressure system

AYC 41: TPS again.

Remembered last time I hooked the battery up the MAF, TPS and ISC solenoid were unplugged as I was setting the TPS idle switch etc. Reckon I can just ignore the 13, 14 and 25 with this in mind? Is the Inlet Air Temp and barometric pressure sensor part of the MAF?

I'll ignore the AYC 41 for the aforementioned reasons but the 22: Crank angle sensor, I'm not so sure about. Still starts and runs fine. Is the 22 simply as a result of something else?

Thanks in advance mi amigos.

tails

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Taylor
Drive
'00 Galant
Finally engineered a paper clip that worked. Here's the vid:

As far as I can tell it's just ABS 21 (Wheel speed sensor FR) and ABS 23 (Wheel speed sensor RR). Can someone with a bit more experience confirm this for me please.

ttgvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
steve
Drive
02 vr4 galant, 92 vr4, 85 starion
I had code 41 or 14 it seemed 4 flashes together and blank and 1 flash so must be 41?? Sorry new to this

tails

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Taylor
Drive
'00 Galant
I had code 41 or 14 it seemed 4 flashes together and blank and 1 flash so must be 41?? Sorry new to this

4 slow flashes and 1 quick flash would be 41. [ _ _ _ _ . ]

1 quick flash and 4 slow flashes would be 14. [ . _ _ _ _ ]

ttgvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
steve
Drive
02 vr4 galant, 92 vr4, 85 starion
Ok cool cheers so it's 41 TPS only code, car seems ok but might need to be checked?! Anyone had this code??

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Done any work on your car? Had TPS unplugged with ignition on? Best way to confirm if an issue exists is ECU reset to clear codes then check again.

Top Bottom