Unregistered
our ones are 5mm. those 9mm are for commodores, falcons etc with a dizzy

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Yea but the cable they're using still comes in the 100 or 1000 series, regardless of diameter. Carsten's question was which cable version are they using?

My guess is the 100 series. If so, could you find out if your mate can make them with the 1000 series? And if so, how much a set would be?

Good work btw Carsten ;)

G

Unregistered
very interesting.. i think they will fit and i like those blue ones but would look better in red..

G

Unregistered
hmmm, is there any info/spec on that,
cant seam to spot it on there site?

sorry for all the q's just like to know what im buying before i get something

G

Unregistered
i put specs up in my first post from yesterday

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Maybe email the guy direct Carsten? Or I can do it if you like? Probably shouldn't spam the poor guy's inbox...

G

Unregistered
yeh if you can do it that would be cool,
check on colour options to maybe?

G

Unregistered
he doesnt put all his range on his site the 100 and 1000 series are his biggest sellers because all the vl turbos, holden/chev/ford/mopar/valiant engines use them

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
I got this back from Michael at ICE Ignition:

The 9mm cable is either 1000 ohms per metre (Race 1000) or 100 ohms per metre (Pro 100). We also have 5, 7 and 8mm in 2000 ohms per metre (Performance 2000). The reason we had to make the leads in 5mm is because of the components which make up the spark plug tubes and coil ends. They are only available to suit 5mm cable, so that is what we have to use. Do not be put off by the diameter, it is the core that is important. The factory core would be more like 10000 - 15000 ohms per metre, which wastes a lot of the spark's energy before it gets to the plugs. The diameter relates to the heat insulation, and because the leads do not run near the exhaust as with a conventional engine, it is not an issue. In fact a 7, 8 or 9mm lead would perform no different if it had the same core.
What colours are available?
Black and red.
Do you ship interstate / overseas, or should we get someone local to pickup and post to us if we don’t live nearby?
Yes to both. Credit card over the phone is the most common way we do this, or you can have someone pick up if that suits better.

Sounds like a great product - I'll certainly be ordering some :) Great work Bill!

G

Unregistered
wow im real excited, leads ready, front pipe ready. i love how all the waiting is over and i can be broke again.lol

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Fuvling awesome. Try and get us a price on the 2000, 1000 and 100 series if you can Trev!

I'll be ordering some for sure.

G

Unregistered
i asked him if he would do a group buy and he said no.
the 110 price is because you "know' me

G

Unregistered
the 2000 series is what i got and they were 132RRP but he will do them for 110 if you mention me.if you look at his response in the email you will notice that the 1000 and 100 series dont come in 5mm only available in 9mm

Top Bottom