Donation of shagged leads

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
Right. As you may know, I'm looking to order a set of spark plug leads for the VR-4 asap. Could somebody kindly post the details on how and where I can order these leads from.
At the moment, it looks like Bill is the main man. Correct? Or can I call in and order them over the phone?

Thanks!

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
No dude, call Michael at ICE Ignition direct on (03) 9532 6000, just let him know you're from OzVR4 and he'll look after you :)

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
Just bumping this thread.

I am in need a set now and I will call Michael tomorrow to place my order but before doing so, I would like a confirmation from those who have installed onto theirs cars if they got the 5mm 2000 series??

G

Unregistered
Picked up a set of these leads today, they look quality and are a good price too. Michael is a nice guy and immediately knew of OZVR4. Thanks to Bill & Derek for sorting this all out.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
I believe price is mentioned earlier in the thread. Top Gun Max leads will set you back around $140, and these are better (lower resistance thus better conductors).

G

Unregistered
My local Repco told me that the MAX6181 leads were no longer available. Don't know how true this is, so if anyone has purchased them recently please let us know. The TG6181 were showing up on their system, but the ICE ones are a much better choice.

G

Unregistered
Can anyone tell me if these ICE leads can be used more than once? I just went to swap mine around after putting them on wrong and now the centre connector has popped out a bit. Whenever I try to put it on the plug it springs back up again. And yes I did use dialectric grease and be sure to twist not yank. Anyone else had this issue?

G

Unregistered
Here's a pic of what they look like, I'm not game to remove the third one. These have only been connected once, then immediately removed. I'm sure leads should be able to be used more than one, every other set I've bought has been fine for multiple plug changes.

I put a used plug into one as a test, now I can't get the bloody thing out! And again, slathered with dielectric grease as recommended. I will go back and visit ICE tomorrow and see what they say. I can't see how this could be my fault at all.

Attachments

• plug_boot.jpg
    plug_boot.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 70
G

Unregistered
Sorry about all the posts!

Stopped at ICE today and and showed them the leads, no problem. They said the cable is usually held in place with a bit of silicone but in my case it mustn't have set properly and that the connectors themselves were quite tight. He just yanked the cable back through the boot and the connector pulled back up into the proper position inside. Glad he did it and not me, because if you do that to mass produced leads you'll pull the cable off. With these custom leads, the cable runs all the way through and attaches to the connector.

So all is well and I will hopefully fit them tonight and get everything back together... just in time to take to Techsport tomorrow to have the AYC serviced.

EDIT: Got everything back together and the car runs like a dream!

cyber_scriber

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Bruce
Drive
2000 Galant; metallic dark blue; manual; Recaros; Momo steering wheel; and sunroof!
I'm soon putting in an order for a set of ICE ignition leads.

Does anyone else in Sydney need a set?

We can save on shipping if the lot is sent to one address and we separately meet up to grab the leads.

Let me know.

Renz

Crunching Gears
First Name
Lorenzo Bolanca
Drive
White 1997 Type S Legnum
Hey Bruce. I'm in for a set, but I'd prefer the red ones.

cyber_scriber

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Bruce
Drive
2000 Galant; metallic dark blue; manual; Recaros; Momo steering wheel; and sunroof!
No problems Lorenzo.

I'll contact ICE Ignitions next week and will send you a PM with bank account details and the total cost, including combined shipping. Presumably, you are located in Sydney?

Does anyone else need a set of new ignition leads?

G

Unregistered
got mine end of last week, gotta fit them still

mmmmm red :D

Attachments

• leads.jpg
    leads.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 85

Renz

Crunching Gears
First Name
Lorenzo Bolanca
Drive
White 1997 Type S Legnum
Bruce, I'm in Baulkham Hills. Are you comin to the meet on Wed night? If we do it asap and they arrive in time, we could sort it all out there. Cheers.

Top Bottom