Dyno Readout Leaderboard...

Xoxide

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Reece
Drive
'98 Legnum
I reckon super fresh plugs make a world of difference.

Had a tune from Steve on Saturday and popped my dyno cherry. I made the mistake of watching YouTube vids about cars launching off dynos and catching on fire... stupid curiosity. Convinced I'd be leaving with my car on a flat bed, It was a nice surprise to see some respectable numbers considering. Bonus!
Auto, stock , FL Legnum. Fuel pump and fresh plugs the week before, oval air filter on the day .
After a wobbly start with a 101, expectations were set pretty low all around. With the car being on the dyno for almost half an hour without bursting into flames, I started to relax a bit and Steve worked his magic.
The next run spat out a 149, which also surprised Steve i reckon. Some more tweaking resulted in final back to back runs of 151 at 14psi. Pretty happy with that effort! Numbers are one thing, but the difference on the road is incredible. I'll be grinning like an idiot while driving for awhile yet.

CANDEE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jeremy
Drive
1998 Galant VR4
Having fresh fuel helps too, on my last run on the dyno, my car made less than its previous run, even with a cat-back. It also was running 1 psi of boost down, which we attribute to a battery reset on stale fuel the night before(battery had been out of the car).

Abusive

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
2000 Legnum
Just a quick question on that point Jeremy, I've heard of this before but when you say battery reset, how long does it need to be out for and what does it actually reset?

tails

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Taylor
Drive
'00 Galant
Just a quick question on that point Jeremy, I've heard of this before but when you say battery reset, how long does it need to be out for and what does it actually reset?

About 10 seconds. It resets the ECU. I don't think it wipes tunes or anything like that, but it'll reset your error codes.

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
I believe it will only clear things stored in volatile memory ie DTCs & fuel trims.

Akys

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alvin
Drive
1996 Trigger Mauve Galant VR4
Got my power figure today thanks to steve :)

180awkw - mainline dyno, 3 port, new plugs, Walbro FP, 5"cat+catback.

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
After manual coversion on the dyno that Steve uses (mainline see next post) i have gone from 171.7 (auto) to 200kw even @ the wheels

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Mainline David :)

Shamwow

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
Commodore (dont hate, its for work) & MY16 WRX Premium
nice numbers man, does that make your car the freakiest freak car?

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
After manual coversion on the dyno that Steve uses (mainline see next post) i have gone from 171.7 (auto) to 200kw even @ the wheels

Brilliant result. I was just wondering today what the difference would be too, 30kW is a nice upgrade!

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Depends how bad your auto is....

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
225.4kWATW on a mainline using E85, looking at the list, I better try and get a few more kW out of it to get past Brad's number. Don't know if it's there to be had though....

Interloper

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Andrew
Drive
2000 Legnum S Man, NX Paj, CBR1000RRSP2, CRF450
nice! was that your car steve?

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
Sure was, realised my car hasn't been on the dyno for about 18 months! That's a record for me lol

nathanp

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Nathan
Drive
Mitsubishi 380
First ever dyno run today.
To say I was nervous would be an understatment. Ive never had a car on the dyno before and watching too many youtube dyno fails didnt help ease my nerves.
Four power runs carried out by iDyno here on the central coast (formaly Envy dyno) without and failures was a good thing!!
Power is currently 147.9kW at all four wheels. This was with boost set at 12psi using a manual controler. Car also has front mount and 3inch exhaust fitted.
Biggest suprise however is the nasty boost leaking we are getting under load. Im thinking this power figure should go higher once I nut out the leak. Possibly a leaking clamp or fitting or possible leaking o ring at turbo outlet into Y pipe.

Top Bottom